Windows 10: MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now"

Discus and support MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Over the past two weeks the MS Security Essentials service on my Win 7 Machines has been restarting periodically. In many cases the restart times out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris Conley, Mar 4, 2019.

1. MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now"

Over the past two weeks the MS Security Essentials service on my Win 7 Machines has been restarting periodically. In many cases the restart times out and it takes several more tries before it gives up, which is typical, or resumes normal function. This does not appear to be an issue on my Win 8 or 10 machines.

:)

Chris Conley, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Bryan1000 Win User

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

I do not have Microsoft Security Essentials in that startup list. I only have Ms Security Client User Interface and Windows Defender User Interface in the list.

Bryan

Bryan1000, Mar 4, 2019
  3. MS Security Essentials

WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials?

Mayagrafix, Mar 4, 2019
  4. MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now"

Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now"

1. MS Security Essentials repeatedly asks users to "Restart Now" - Similar Threads - Security Essentials repeatedly

2. Security Essentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials?...
  3. microsoft security essentials

microsoft security essentials: I am seeing yellow for my "MSE" i am "trying to scan it so i clicked on a quick scan it still showing yellow so I take it that did not work. My question is in the settings where it says "run a scheduled scan" well the boxes are checked (i have no idea why or what anything I...
  4. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Here are some product flaws that are currently in the software. here are some old classic solutions that have never come around. Microsoft Edge has a integrated flaw in which can be hijacked and freezes he personal computer of the target, not allowing them to disengage their...
  5. restart essentials

restart essentials: I have tried numerous times to restart essentials but I have not succeeded. help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restart-essentials/fb5418cc-a16b-44a5-92d3-7461dff6cd20
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  7. Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows security asks user login and password for Outlook repeatedly: This problem has reached a critical point. I have spoken with several MS techs and gotten nowhere. I am hoping for a miracle that maybe someone here has seen this before and has an idea I have not yet tried. The User has a Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Pro OS, Office 365 with...
  8. ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7

ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7: what is the possible cause for this repeated activity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ms-security-essential-intermittenly-stops-and-must/44832145-616d-4147-94de-5a09ad0b9682
  9. Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?

in Windows 10 Support
    Repeatedly asked to verify user agreement?: Hi. I notice that some programmes I have installed ask me to verify the user agreement every time I start them, not just first time round. I assume that this is some quirk of Windows 10? Is there something I need to do to make my agreement 'stick'? Thanks. 118651
  10. MS Security Essentials

MS Security Essentials: WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials? 4902