Windows 10: MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

Discus and support MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MS security essentials wont reinstall on my old win 7 (32bit) netbook (have tried 50692 fixit) cant install error = 0x80070643, All other SW runs... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by oldmart, Jun 15, 2019.

1. oldmart Win User

MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

MS security essentials wont reinstall on my old win 7 (32bit) netbook (have tried 50692 fixit)

cant install error = 0x80070643,

All other SW runs fine currently using Panda anti virus, have tried disabling antivirus during attempts

at insalling security essentials.

:)

oldmart, Jun 15, 2019

2. Help! Win 7 and old chipset.

I'm trying to help out a friend and have loaded win 7 on their pc. But as it's a skt 939 board with the nForce4 chipset, the drivers are not compatable. Specifically for the audio chipset and ethernet.

What solutions can you guys suggest? And no, can't reinstall xp as it was completely trashed by viruses and the guy who built the pc for her never gave her the license code.

King Wookie, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    MS Security Essentials using 50% CPU resources

Q? Why would you scan with Real Time Protection turned off? If you had to do that to run the scan then MSE is evidently not working properly . I used MSE for years on XP, Vista and Win 7 and never turned RTP off.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled MSE?

I usually scanned with a third party on demand scanner (Emsisoft, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, etc) about once a month to see if MSE had missed anything.

Presume you have scanned for malware? List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Note that Windows Defender on Win 7 is an anti spyware program only. It is not a comprehensive antivirus program. It should have been disabled automatically upon the install of MSE. Suggest you disable it.

Remnants of other AV products sometimes will cause the issue you are describing. Did you run the removal tools for any antivirus program that was ever installed on the computer? Avast? AVG, McAfee, Norton, Spybot, etc. See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

If you have not done so you may want to review Microsoft
    Security Essentials Installation Checklist
    and MSE
    Consolidated FAQ

If the above suggestions do not help or are not applicable to your situation, you may need to uninstall/reinstall MSE.

You should be able to remove MSE from Control Panel. Any problems uninstalling see Uninstalling
    Microsoft Security Essentials

Recommend you restart the computer to ensure the uninstall is complete.

You can download a new MSE Installation File from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-all-versions

If the issue continues recommend you uninstall MSE and install a different AV program. There are a number of viable free and paid programs available – take your pick.

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win7

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Jun 15, 2019
  4. MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

MS Security Essentials

WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials?

Mayagrafix, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC

1. MS security essentials won't reinstall on my old win 7 PC - Similar Threads - security essentials won't

2. Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC: Hi there,Just a quick question if I may?I'm trying to install Bitdefender on my PC but need to remove MSE first. Unfortunately, I keep getting the error message: "The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the...
  3. Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Remove Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 PC: Hi there,Just a quick question if I may?I'm trying to install Bitdefender on my PC but need to remove MSE first. Unfortunately, I keep getting the error message: "The Security Essentials Installation Wizard is missing a filter manager rollup package needed to complete the...
  4. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  5. Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall 7 on a new drive in old pc: I built my pc years ago with "OEM System Builders Pack" Windows 7 Home Premium on DVD. I still have the original disc and package with the product key sticker. I want to replace the old hard drive with an ssd and do a clean install not interested in upgrading to 10, etc. My...
  6. security essentials support for windows 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security essentials support for windows 7: i run windows 7 i understand support stopped in jan ..ok why did i get a prompt to down load windows security essentials today ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-support-for-windows-7/e316f72b-ca3b-4e1e-8d9d-bd9e2bc8f3e6
  7. Security Essentials Update for Windows 7

Security Essentials Update for Windows 7: I received notification of an update today 1/30 for Security Essentials that says it was published yesterday. I haven't downloaded or installed it yet because I thought support had ended for Windows 7 and I am concerned this is not genuine. Is Microsoft still putting updates...
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7

Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7: For past week, the program has changed, every time it detects something a panel pops up up saying no action needed has been cleaned, but then MSE turns itself off computer slows down and it says computer needs to restart to complete cleaning, do that and then MSE is still...
  9. ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7

ms security essential intermittenly stops and must be restarted on win 7: what is the possible cause for this repeated activity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ms-security-essential-intermittenly-stops-and-must/44832145-616d-4147-94de-5a09ad0b9682
  10. MS Security Essentials

MS Security Essentials: WInX comes with Defender, but I prefer Security Essentials. Is there a way to upgrade to MS Security Essentials? 4902