Windows 10: ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff

Discus and support ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I managed to corrupt one of my installations of W10, on this machine, currently, in the profile user that I made, the windows button (start button)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cDreamDancer, May 24, 2018.

1. ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff

So, I managed to corrupt one of my installations of W10, on this machine, currently, in the profile user that I made, the windows button (start button) does nothing, search does nothing, and notifications (thing on right of date time) does nothing.

If I enable the Administrator account (net user Administrator /active:yes) then log into it, everything works as expected.

SO! I created a new user while in the Admin desktop, (made it a member of Admins), and logged into it. On desktop, Windows said: "Cannot create shortcut.", and everything else is like above in what doesn't work.

I can browse the computer, and execute things as needed like that, including running CMD & PowerShell in Administrator mode so that's not an issue.

:)

cDreamDancer, May 24, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

"class not registered" error

Hi Eddie,

For better assistance, are you getting the error with this specific file only?

We suggest checking this thread to resolve the "Class not Registered"
    error.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 25, 2018
  3. .......... class not registered.......

Hi Ron,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• How are you trying to save the document to PDF format? Is it through browser/any other source?

• Is this the complete error “class not registered” you get when you try to open the PDF file?

• Is the issue specific only when you try to save the files to the PDF format/any other format?

The error “class not registered” may occur if there are any
    Windows files are not properly registered/ damaged/missing in Windows

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

This issue may occur if the Windows system files have corrupted. Follow the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in
    the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking. Follow the below steps:

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to access settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding number.
    If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode with Networking, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2:

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps. By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot” from the article.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 25, 2018
Thema:

ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff

1. ms-settings: class not registered and other good stuff - Similar Threads - settings class registered

2. ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered issue: No network info. Nothing happens when I click the globe icon. Windows 10, trying to connect to Internet with Wifi thru Control panel & receive popup saying ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered....
  3. ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered issue: No network info. Nothing happens when I click the globe icon. Windows 10, trying to connect to Internet with Wifi thru Control panel & receive popup saying ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered....
  4. ms-availablenetworks: Class not registered issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Class Not Registered Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Class Not Registered Error: Every time I try to open my steam game a get this error Imgur. I have a newly installed version of windows 10. 83870
  6. "Class not registered"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered": I get this error message every time I click on a link. How do I fix it. Thanks for your help. 46143
  7. Explorer.exe Class Not Registered

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class Not Registered: I am running windows 10 x64, version 16299.64. On my standard local user account which I do not use often is the problem maker.......All the ModernApps and the Start Menu do not work..........A box with title 'Explorer.exe' and message "Class Not Registered" pops out.......
  8. Windows 10 - 'explorer.exe class not registered' & ms-settings missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - 'explorer.exe class not registered' & ms-settings missing: Hello everyone! As every other W10 user, I constantly run into some problems. On sunday my computer was working perfectly fine and today when I turned it on, everything started acting up (note that this is not the first time, seeing as I already reinstalled w10 already 3...
  9. "Class not registered" problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Class not registered" problem: Hello, Each time I start my pc, get popup notice about some "Class not registered" with some microsoft internet address. The notice attached here. What is it and how to fix it. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 94329
  10. Explorer.exe Class not registered and other issues after CreatorUpdate

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe Class not registered and other issues after CreatorUpdate: I updated to the Creator Update yesterday and have spent almost 24 hours trying to fix all the issues it has created with my system. The most irritating is the one in the title, if I wasn't using Clover and the Task Manager I wouldn't be able to access anything on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-settings class not registered

2. ms-settings package could not be registered

3. ms-settings not registered

4. ms settings class not registered error,
  5. start ms-settings: package not registered error,
  6. ms-settings class not registered error,
  7. windows the package can not be registered ms-settings,
  8. explorer ms-settings:windowsupdate package could not be registered,
  9. ms-settings class not register,
  10. messetings class not registered,
  11. ms-settings name not found,