Windows 10: ms-settings windows not scaling properly

Discus and support ms-settings windows not scaling properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for quite some time. I have changed display driver, scaling methods, windows display settings. The only way I have found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yenlegion, Jun 8, 2019.

1. yenlegion Win User

ms-settings windows not scaling properly

I have been having this issue for quite some time. I have changed display driver, scaling methods, windows display settings. The only way I have found to fix it is to revert scaling to 100% in windows display settings. I am using a 4k monitor. I also have issues with the start menu and taskbar context menus floating. Everything works ok when I first log in. Than after half an hour or so, it seems like explorer refreshes, and it all goes to hell. Is there a way to get this to scale properly? - Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/bP6sqYN.png

ms-settings windows not scaling properly [​IMG]

:)

yenlegion, Jun 8, 2019

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2019
  4. ms-settings windows not scaling properly

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

ms-settings windows not scaling properly

1. ms-settings windows not scaling properly - Similar Threads - settings scaling properly

2. Display scale / settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...
  3. Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling: I got a new program, but it wouldn't display properly so I changed the scaling to 100% and it worked but was too small, so I changed back to 200% and it still works but is slightly blurry, but I can put up with that, however Outlook is now blurry. I don't want to select "Let...
  4. Application windows are scaled down on a 100% scaled monitor

Application windows are scaled down on a 100% scaled monitor: Many applications windows are scaled down to about two thirds of original size on my system (a laptop with two external monitors) and also on one another (also a laptop, but with a single external monitor). For example, if I open a 1920x1080 PNG picture in Paint and maximize...
  5. Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly

Background Slideshow Setting not Functioning Properly: I've put my desktop background to change the wallpaper every day, but it changes 2 or 3 times daily. I can't seem to find a solution for this anywhere, so now I ask, is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Can't set proper resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't set proper resolution: Guys, i would really appreciate your help Im a newbie with windows and i have recently purchased a windows 10 connect tablet. When i got into the display settings all my resolution options are greyed out and i can't change anything. I connected the tablet to my hdtv...
  7. screen not properly scaling on HDMI (partially cut off)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    screen not properly scaling on HDMI (partially cut off): so ive just build my new PC and before i was using VGA. thought i may as well put in the HDMI this time around. but for some reason i cant get my resolution. the resolution was 1360x768. ive tried everything on win display settings as well as nvidia control panel. nothing is...
  8. Best way to set monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to set monitor scaling: I have just bought the Acer Predator xb271hu monitor. It's resolution is much higher than the old one and its higher than my second monitor. I have tried using scaling to increase the text size as its a bit small for me. Unfortunately it changes the scaling on both...
  9. scaling in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    scaling in windows 10: I am looking for a way to scale to full screen. Have read some where that 10 locks the resolution in the AMD Catalyst Control Center, any workaround or wait for an update from Microsoft. 20261
  10. Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?: People's request for transparency in Win 10 was answered: Modern Transparency for Windows 10 – Feature Suggestions for Windows But is it adjustable, or just one hard-set transparency level? 5589