Windows 10: ms-settings windows not scaling properly

Discus and support ms-settings windows not scaling properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having this issue for quite some time. I have changed display driver, scaling methods, windows display settings. The only way I have found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yenlegion, Jun 8, 2019.

1. yenlegion Win User

ms-settings windows not scaling properly

I have been having this issue for quite some time. I have changed display driver, scaling methods, windows display settings. The only way I have found to fix it is to revert scaling to 100% in windows display settings. I am using a 4k monitor. I also have issues with the start menu and taskbar context menus floating. Everything works ok when I first log in. Than after half an hour or so, it seems like explorer refreshes, and it all goes to hell. Is there a way to get this to scale properly? - Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/bP6sqYN.png

ms-settings windows not scaling properly [​IMG]

:)

yenlegion, Jun 8, 2019

2. MS Office and Skype scaling issue with display monitors

Hi J,

The scaling issues with your display monitor can be caused by an outdated operating system. To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you check for the latest update for Windows by following these steps:

• Click on Start or the Windows Logo on your taskbar.
    • Select Settings or the gear icon and click Updates & security.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If any updates are found, install it and wait for Windows to complete the update and then restart the device.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 8, 2019
  4. ms-settings windows not scaling properly

Windows 10 Creator's update - Every time I undock, scaling goes to 150%

We appreciate that you have checked your drivers and followed the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since the issue is still the same, this can be related to the new customer scaling settings that came with the Creator's Update. Can you follow the steps below
    so we can check it for you:

• Click on Start then Settings.
    • Choose System then Display.
    • Under Display, select Custom scaling and set it to 100%.

Update us on how it goes as we are eager to get this resolved for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

ms-settings windows not scaling properly

1. ms-settings windows not scaling properly - Similar Threads - settings scaling properly

2. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  3. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  4. Pre-setting printer scales

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pre-setting printer scales: Hi, I want my printer to print at 90% scale and I print a lot of stuff. Is there an option to pre set the scale to automatically 90% rather than keep changing it every time I want to print something off?Thanks for help...
  5. Two-display setup, scaling not working properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two-display setup, scaling not working properly: I have two displays, one with 3840x2160 resolution(main one) and one with 2560x1080 resolution(secondary one). They are set to 150% scaling and 100% scaling respectively, so effectively my main display shows everything as if its resolution was 2560x1440. And here comes weird...
  6. Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Screen resolution not scaling properly: Hello. I'm not sure what I did. I think I might have hit an Hotkey. I'm not sure. Anyways. I have an MSI GE66. Fully updated windows, fully updated drivers. The 15" screen built in laptop monitor, it has a native 1920x1080 display setting. If I use that resolution the screen...
  7. Icons don't display at their proper scales?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons don't display at their proper scales?: So you know the file/program icons on the taskbar, desktop, start menu, or in the file explorer? Ever noticed they don't always display properly? What I mean is, an .ico file contains multiple images at different resolutions so that the icon can be displayed at any scale and...
  8. Program icons not scaling properly

Program icons not scaling properly: When using windows display scaling i persanaly use custom 133%, but the same applies to default values the icons on task bar is not scaled properly and there is a gap betwen icons and bottom of the screen, with makes harder to press them. It't been like that as long as i use...
  9. Scale and Layout setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale and Layout setting?: I have a 14 inch laptop and I was wondering what would be the best Scaling and Layout? Should I leave it at the recommended level of 150% or 125%? I tried the 125% setting, and looks more professional, the layout of apps and windows are a bit smaller, but seems appropriate....
  10. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...