Windows 10: MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel

Discus and support MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just curious, do the MS force feedback wheel and joystick (USB versions) work / get recognised by windows 10? Hope they don't need drivers installed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel

Just curious, do the MS force feedback wheel and joystick (USB versions) work / get recognised by windows 10? Hope they don't need drivers installed or tracked down. It's old abandoned peripherals (shame) so can understand if they don't. But I was curious if anyone else uses them. I am sure they are in the attic in a box and I am considering hunting them down especially after I got ms flight sim x and a couple of driving games on steam. If I can't track them down I may look on eBay for one or the other. But if it's a non starter I will abandon the hunt and make do with a game pad.

cheers Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 14, 2017

2. I'm in need of a connecting cable that can make my old MS SideWinder Force Feedback Steering Wheel work with Windows 10

I'm in need of a connecting cable that can make my old MS SideWinder Force Feedback Steering Wheel work with Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Original Post : Cable connector

Timothy HMcGinn, Aug 14, 2017
  3. Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Game Controller: Compatibility in Windows 10 (64-bit)

FYI:

My SideWinder Force Feedback 2 Game Controller works fine on Windows 10.

I have only one problem:

If my Joystick is plugged in to the computer the screensaver does not work.

TheoBald123, Aug 14, 2017
  4. sygnus21 Win User

MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel

All you have to do it try it for yourself. I would try mine (MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick) but it's buried in my garage somewhere. Hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years. I've got both the USB version.

Anyway I tried it under Windows 7, and it worked, but the game I was using it with (FreeSpace) didn't work that well under 7 so that was that. So I retired the game and stowed the stick away. That was the last time I used it. Here's my post on it - Say It's not so.. (Sidewinder) - Windows 7 Help Forums

sygnus21, Aug 16, 2017
  5. I find this to be an amusing question...as I just unburied my Sidewinder Forcefeed back joystick too. But I took the easy way out and installed it on an old Windows XP box with CFSII installed on it. Had a blast for a couple of days and then I gave it all to a couple of neighborhood kids who helped move and split a huge amount of firewood. Needless to say, they are having a blast with this old computer, game, and joystick.

At one time I did have it installed on Windows 7 but I never tried it on windows 10. I would think the Os will recognize it but after that, your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not it will actually work.

Good luck.

play2mefish, Aug 16, 2017
  6. Cheers guys, I will see if I can track them down at some point. It's an expedition up in my attic and one can get lost for days amid all the clutter. If I get any success I'll report back.

Scottyboy99, Aug 16, 2017
  7. Found them both. Plugged each one in and works perfectly! That's a good result

Scottyboy99, Aug 25, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

They might work, but will the games they were designed to work with work under Windows 10?

sygnus21, Aug 25, 2017
  9. I hope so, to be honest I'm not planning to use them with really old games. Stock car extreme, flat out 2 and Race 07 for the wheel. whilst the joystick I hope to use with flight simulator x. If I get time I'll test them properly but at the moment I am pleased they detected and installed with no messing about. Each was listed in devices and I tested all the movements and all seemed fine. I would of liked to use the wheel for an old classic Grand Prix Legends but I remember it was such a drama trying to get it running in windows 7 with a billion patches (mostly community made) that I don't think I will attempt it in windows 10!

Scottyboy99, Aug 26, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    I get you on that. I never doubted the sticks/wheels would work, it's the games that can be problematic like you say.

The last game I tried with my stick was FreeSpace 2. While the stick worked, I could never get it to function properly in the game.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MS sidewinder force feedback joystick and wheel - Similar Threads - sidewinder force feedback

2. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  3. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel not working: My Microsoft steering wheel isn't working at all, pedals are working perfectly and when I start up my computer the steering wheel will move itself randomly. The computer and games recognizes this steering wheel but none of the buttons nor the steering, please help!...
  4. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the plastic and metal parts of this joystick, or should I just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  5. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the parts of this perfectly working joystick, or should i just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  6. Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick suddenly stopped working with FFB on windows 10: Why?!? This hardware and many other examples needs to be supported for the next 1000+ years. Why doesn't this perfectly good joystick still work? Is Microsoft going to recycle all the parts of this perfectly working joystick, or should i just toss it into landfill? This kind...
  7. Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel: Good Morning, I hope I am asking my questionin the proper place. I have two sidewinderwheels and pedals received from my brother. The first wheel is partnumber is: X04-97607 S/N 9760******** The first pedals partnumber: X04-74735MFG#:...
  8. Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB): Hello i just bought a Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Wheel (USB) and i can't install the driver because i don't have a dvd reader, can someone plz send a driver to windows 10 so i can use it instead of buying a brand new one....
  9. Force feedback wheel/joystick on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force feedback wheel/joystick on Win 10: Does anyone know if the old MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Steering Wheel and Joystick work on Windows 10? Thinking of the USB variety rather than the even older gameport devices. I presume they should just be plug in USB and Windows recognises them. 42144
  10. MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick and Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Joystick and Wheel: I still have my MS Sidewinder Force Feedback peripherals (joystick and wheel). Both are the later USB revisions. They worked to perfection on Windows 7 (just plug and play) but do they work/get recognised by Windows 10? The way my machine is setup it will be quite an...