Windows 10: MS software missing after hard drive replaced

Discus and support MS software missing after hard drive replaced in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm not sure where to place this so I come here first. I had a HD failure and after I had the HD replaced the free [short] version of Office was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barnaby44, May 6, 2021.

1. Barnaby44 Win User

MS software missing after hard drive replaced

Hello I'm not sure where to place this so I come here first. I had a HD failure and after I had the HD replaced the free [short] version of Office was missing. All my other soft ware has been recovered 'cept for the MS Office. I have installed the free ON-LINE version but it does run S L O W , particularly the email client. Two things: 1/ can I retrieve the missing original software that was loaded in by the PC manufacturer. [8 years old] 2/ if not is there a way to speed up this free version. Thanks

:)

Barnaby44, May 6, 2021
  2. gordon99 Win User

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, May 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 6, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. MS software missing after hard drive replaced - Similar Threads - software missing hard

2. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  3. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    replacing Hard drive: I bought a computer a while ago with the OS on a 200gb SSD. We've had nothing but troubles with space. I want to get a bigger SSD to salvage the PC, but I'm not sure how to move the OS over. A lot of forums/threads I've read seem risky, and the methods all seem varied. Anyone...
  4. replacing Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive: Hello!I recently put in a new hard drive, and, since then, Windows 10 will no longer hibernate. It shuts down, instead, and I lose whatever was open at the time. By "lose" I don't mean I've lost data, I mean I forget what I had open and was working on! I recall my last laptop...
  6. MS software missing after hard drive replaced

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS software missing after hard drive replaced: Hello I'm not sure where to place this so I come here first. I had a HD failure and after I had the HD replaced the free [short] version of Office was missing. All my other soft ware has been recovered 'cept for the MS Office. I have installed the free ON-LINE version but it...
  7. Hard drive replace

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive replace: I had a corrupt Hard drive and sent my laptop off to be fixed. They have replace the failed hard drive and update the operating system. I have now lost everything, photos, documents etc. not that great with tech through some research I'm guessing everything was saved on my...
  8. Activation after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  9. Replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Replacing hard drive: Hey guys! So recently my hard drive crashed and I can not get into my computer. My question is if I get a new hard drive, looking at a portable option for 50 bucks, how do I install Windows 10 on this new drive. I have never done this before and all help is appreciated!...
  10. Hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive replacement: Hello everyone, I am shopping for a new PC from HP. I am thinking ahead of time so that I can be ready for when this happens. I know that over time hard drives begin to slow down and then eventually stop working. So in the future, what will happen when I replace the hard...