Windows 10: MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

Discus and support MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ineuw Win User

MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the system tray. Is this possible?

:)

ineuw, Jan 22, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Sticky Notes Shortcut Question

Hi,

To create a sticky note shortcut on your Windows 10, what I can suggest is to kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.
    Kindly note that you have to be the Administrator to make the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 22, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jan 22, 2019
  4. DavidNist Win User

Sticky Notes 3.0?

Sandeep -

Thanks for the answer, but unless I'm missing something, Sticky Notes is one of the MS apps that's can't be uninstalled via your recommended method.

I performed a 'reset,' but that didn't have the desired effect, and I'm still running v.2.

DavidNist, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation? - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes' shortcut

2. Sticky Notes stays on taskbar instead of system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes stays on taskbar instead of system tray: Please, how can i hide Sticky notes from my task bar, MS notes look very beatuyfull, but i need use another one coz it cant hide from task barim on WIndows 11 2H22...
  3. Sticky Notes stays on taskbar instead of system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes stays on taskbar instead of system tray: Please, how can i hide Sticky notes from my task bar, MS notes look very beatuyfull, but i need use another one coz it cant hide from task barim on WIndows 11 2H22...
  4. Unable to Install Sticky Notes

Unable to Install Sticky Notes: When I go to the Microsoft Store website for Sticky Notes, I am unable to get any response from the 'Get' Buttonhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-au/p/microsoft-sticky-notes/9nblggh4qghw?activetab=pivot:overviewtabCan you help?...
  5. MS Sticky Notes

MS Sticky Notes: For about a week now I have be unable to add, modify or delete text from Sticky notes. I have done all the obvious things like reset, uninstall. reinstall ... etc ... any ideas how to fix this issue?...
  6. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  7. MS Sticky Notes on Win 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Sticky Notes on Win 10: MS Sticky notes on Windows 10 only appears with black page. Doesn't it come in colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-sticky-notes-on-win-10/72c10ba0-09b2-4cce-b576-39617b3d8b32"
  8. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  9. MS Sticky Notes

MS Sticky Notes: My Sticky Notes no longer work properly. Tried repair and Reset options in App. Settings to no avail. App. should be 50.54 MB (store spec's) In my App settings after reset says App. 0 KB, Data 16 KB ?? Looks like I don't have the App. BUT MS Store says it's installed....
  10. Tray Icon link for shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icon link for shortcut: Hi, everyone This little one want to ask some weird questions. Just as the thread say, yes i know it's weird to have this question, but i really need it so for anyone who know what the link of all of this tray icon list -battery -wifi -sound -date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run sticky notes on system tray

2. sticky notes tray icon windows 10