Windows 10: Ms stop pushing Edge until it's fixed for corporate use

Discus and support Ms stop pushing Edge until it's fixed for corporate use in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there While I approve of progress in Software - I think Ms is pushing Edge just a bit too quickly at the moment before all things are decently... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Oct 23, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms stop pushing Edge until it's fixed for corporate use

Hi there

While I approve of progress in Software - I think Ms is pushing Edge just a bit too quickly at the moment before all things are decently fixed.

It's OK on a tablet or possibly on a Windows phone but it's still fairly horrible if you use a traditional desktop --menus etc are all in the wrong / inconvienient places, favourites etc are horrible to organise etc.

However a BIG no no at the moment is that a lot of corporate VPN's don't work with it or come up with the message "This application requires Internet explorer to work". Similarly for SKY GO. (although Chrome does work with SKY GO).

I also miss the lack of menus and not being able to pin some most used favourites to the top tool bar like you cn do in IE.

For slab / phone users browsing one page at a time Edge is decent - but anything else I still NEED IE12,

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Matt LB Win User

Can I create a Corporate Spotlight?

Thanks for your response. Yes I am refering to Windows Spotlight on the Lockscreen but my question regards the ability to use corporate images for this rather than the MS Stock/Bing Images. Spotlight is great for MS being able to push content at the user
    however as a corporate user it would be very powerful if we could push corporate rather than MS content to our managed devices/users.

Matt LB, Oct 23, 2015
  3. ingmara Win User
    E61 E-Mail Client unreliable with IMAP idle

I am using the E61 client with a corporate server in IMAP Idle. It works fine and maiul get pushed OK.

but the E61 mail client will hang in "Connected State"

a couple of times per 24 hours and will stop receiving mails until I manually disconnect the mail client.

This unreliability makes the use of IMAP idle on the E61 client not usable as a push mail solution.

Before that I was using a TRE650 with Chattermail using IMAP idle on the same corporate server without problem.

ingmara, Oct 23, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Hi Jimbo.
    I agree that Ms are pushing Edge too much as it is nowhere near ready.

I found that SKY GO would not work on W10 except using IE, but then only by backdating the Display Adapter Driver.

As for Menus I find it perfect for pinning favourites to the top bar, with the option of drop down menus as shown in attachment....The yellow boxes contain the dropdown menus

dencal, Oct 23, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

quite a few applications give this message too.

Ms stop pushing Edge until it's fixed for corporate use [​IMG]

As for SKY GO I found it still worked OK even with the LATEST INTEL HD video drivers - I avoid anything to do with NVIDIA as it always seems to cause problems of one sort or another -- although I understand a lot of gamers like Nvidia video cards etc.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms stop pushing Edge until it's fixed for corporate use - Similar Threads - stop pushing Edge

2. What is the URL that MS uses to push updates to Windows 10 OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the URL that MS uses to push updates to Windows 10 OS?: I need help to figure out the URL domain that MS uses to push updates to the Windows 10 OS. MS has many domains, and I want to know just the one that is used to automatically check for new updates and download them to the computer....
  3. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?: When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users? I have my machine set up the way that I want/like. For the love of Pete; QUIT GETTING INTO MY BUSINESS. I absolutely abhor having to undo what MS does every single time that I get on my machine. PLEASE LET ME BE!!!...
  4. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?: When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users? I have my machine set up the way that I want/like. For the love of Pete; QUIT GETTING INTO MY BUSINESS. I absolutely abhor having to undo what MS does every single time that I get on my machine. PLEASE LET ME BE!!!...
  5. When is MS going to quit trying to push Edge on Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. MS Edge with corporate account, favorites don't sync ...

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge with corporate account, favorites don't sync ...: Hello everyone, everything good? I believe I have tried almost everything so that my MS Edge favorites are synced using my corporate account and there is no way to make this happen ... => Personal Account: [img] => Corporate Account: [img] I'm using the latest version...
  7. Is MS forcing me to use Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Is MS forcing me to use Edge?: Well that may sound like a bit of paranoia.... I've been using Firefox for many years with very few problems. A few months back some regular websites I use didn't work properly but using Chrome on them got me going. So I thought rather than Chrome I'll try Brave for the few...
  8. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.: Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days). Have attached two images from...
  9. MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge.... Stops working, Stops responding.: Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.615 all up to date. As per title, happens 3 to 5 times a day have tried Reset, Repair, Uninstall and Reinstall via Powershell instructions from this forum....but to no avail.(On 3 occasions over last few days). Have attached two images from...
  10. MS Edge pushing my CPU over the edge!

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge pushing my CPU over the edge!: Good Lord, I thought FF with plugin-container was bad....*What Edge makes FF look like a "text only browser" as far as CPU goes. Wondered why my fan was running so long, hovered down over System Explorer 7.0 and naturally, it was solid red! Any thoughts? I like the...