Windows 10: MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge?

Discus and support MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I decided to try their sale last month, bought a few movies and apps. But the only thing charged to my Papal was a regularly priced $4 app, none of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheMany, Dec 5, 2015.

1. TheMany Win User

MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge?

I decided to try their sale last month, bought a few movies and apps. But the only thing charged to my Papal was a regularly priced $4 app, none of the 10¢ movies have been charged.

Anybody else see this?

No big deal, but I'm the type that likes to button things up. Weird, but it turns me off to using their store.

:)

TheMany, Dec 5, 2015

2. Why can't MS call when they say they will?

MS called ONCE, I didn't answer, a few days later, I get an email about "several attempts to contact me were made" ...lies!

Set up a phone call time...They didn't call.

Can't chat...

Don't have an hour to wait for "Call me as soon as possible"

Joe's Morgue, Dec 5, 2015
  3. BOOTNXT and BOOTTGT What are they and what do they do?

Still trying to find the answer to this, are there any MS experts out there that know?

jkksanders, Dec 5, 2015
  4. Doverboy Win User

I took advantage of the sales, too. All of my purchases went through PayPal in a timely basis. I think the $0.10 items were somewhat aggregated into daily charges, but there were great deals on music for $1.00, which hit my PayPal account immediately. I purchased at least 50 CDs, rented a bunch of movies for my kiddos (at least ten) and grabbed at least ten of the on-sale Apps.

I'm assuming you have already used your purchases, or have you? I would assume MS wouldn't allow you to use Apps, view movies or listen to music for which they hadn't received payment. Are the movies you rented listed in your Movie section available to view with an expiration date?

It is strange the only charge you have seen is a $4.00 App purchase. Obviously, that was outside of the super-sale they were running.

Do you share your computer with anyone else? Multiple MS login accounts? Other PayPal account?

Doverboy, Dec 5, 2015
  5. TheMany Win User
    My purchases were one regularly priced app and three movies. The app hit my Paypal that day, but I was never charged for the movies. And yes, they've been watched.

No shared logons. My own computer, my own MS account, my personal Paypal.

It's only 30¢ but it irks me. Not sure why, but it was my first time using the store on a paid basis. (Only because I find most apps lacking in feature and functionality so I had never bought any, but that's another discussion.)

Won't be doing this again. Back to Amazon.

Thanks.

TheMany, Dec 5, 2015
  6. vram Win User
    I have a CC associated with my account. It charged me immediately. I got an email seconds after the purchase saying they did, anyway.

vram, Dec 6, 2015
  7. Doverboy Win User
    Update - Turns out I didn't look carefully at my PayPal account. Yesterday I was charged for the Super-Sale items, bundled into a single transaction. The other charges were for the non-$0.10 items. Expect to see a $0.30 charge soon...

Doverboy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Store 10¢ sale? When do they charge? - Similar Threads - Store 10¢ sale

2. ms store closeing when loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms store closeing when loading: when i try when i clear cache of ms store it still it does nothing repairing it does nothing reseting it does nothing also sfc says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations....
  3. 0x80073D0D when opening MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80073D0D when opening MS Store: Trying to open MS Store but I get this error code 0x80073D0D. I was able to open before and it is a long time ago. Today I need to download application but I cant open store....
  4. Ms Store do not open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ms Store do not open: My Microsoft store stopped working it starts loading then after a few seconds it closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-do-not-open/dc898224-74d8-4f3f-94d4-49fc319977a9
  5. Ms Store do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Store do not open: My Microsoft store stopped working it starts loading then after a few seconds it closes automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-do-not-open/dc898224-74d8-4f3f-94d4-49fc319977a9
  6. Ms Store do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Do Windows 10 ever go on sale?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do Windows 10 ever go on sale?: I need to activate my Windows 10 the "official" way, but the prices are pretty prohibitive. As an UWP developer I'm starting to need W10 Pro in some situations and I wouldn't like to be catch running an "unofficially" activated version (I don't, I just didn't activate it and...
  8. Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Password Reset Goes to MS Sales Download Screen: Hi There My father has had a lot of issues over the last week resetting his Windows Account password on his Acer laptop. I have walked through it with him this morning and we've reset the password. I know that the password reset has worked because I can sign into his...
  9. Free software 'on sale' in MS store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free software 'on sale' in MS store?: Search 'Dev CPP' in MS Store you'll find one published by 'Dev Packager' and priced 78RMB in CN, but this software is available for FREE atSourceforge . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-software-on-sale-in-ms-store/c0ee9232-09c6-40ad-8f12-42c7a76e78f8"
  10. .10 Sale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .10 Sale: Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but MS is doing a .10 sale on certain games in the store...I guess it's supposed to change daily...but some of the games (normally $4.99 - $9.99) are only .10.....it's a great deal if you've been waiting for some games and if I recall,...