Windows 10: MS Store and apps do not launch.

Discus and support MS Store and apps do not launch. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open. Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TPeterson64, Mar 6, 2020.

1. MS Store and apps do not launch.

MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open.

Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the system could not be recovered.

:)

TPeterson64, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store app not launching

Hello,

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Do you get any error code when you try to open the store app?
    3. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?

Refer the article to check
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Reset Microsoft store.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      wsreset
      and hit enter.

The command will reset the store cache and open the app once the command is complete.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and check. Refer the article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Also, you can refer the article
    Microsoft Store doesn't launch

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

MS Store and apps do not launch.

MS store and apps disappeared

Hi RafaBD,

I understand that you are facing an issue with the Microsoft store and all the apps in it after you have performed a Microsoft store reset. We will look into this for you. I would suggest you to follow the methods below and check if helps you.

Method 1: Re-registering the Microsoft Store.

1. Click on Start and type PowerShell.
    2. Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. This will open the PowerShell window for you.
    3. Type the following command and press enter,
      command
      : Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Restart the system and check if you are able to launch the Microsoft Store app.
    5. If you are able to launch the Microsoft store app, follow Method 2

Method 2: Fixing issues with apps from the Microsoft store.

I would suggest you to follow the article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , kindly follow the steps and check if you are able launch the apps that you downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue still persists, follow Method 3.

Method 3: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to
    Create a local user or administrator account and check if
    the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

MS Store and apps do not launch.

1. MS Store and apps do not launch. - Similar Threads - Store apps launch

2. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  3. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  4. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  6. Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch

Microsoft Store and other Windows Apps do not launch: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 and now Microsoft Store and a bunch of other apps like Photos do not launch. They open for a fraction of a seconds and then crash. I have tried wsreset, a bunch of other powershell commands and nothing has worked. I even factory reset my...
  7. MS Store not launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Store not launching: What is the best fix for MS Store not launching with latest Win 10 upgrade ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-not-launching/208365ee-1da0-419a-9ced-cc0d9b78d42e
  8. Microsoft Store app not launching

Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  9. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.: Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere. I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the...
  10. Store Apps won't launch

Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...