Windows 10: MS Store and dead email account

Discus and support MS Store and dead email account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to download a free app, CSV Viewer and the store only puts up an old dead email account for me to log in with , even if I am already logged in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MainComp, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MainComp Win User

MS Store and dead email account

I want to download a free app, CSV Viewer and the store only puts up an old dead email account for me to log in with , even if I am already logged in with my real email address. I cannot find away round this and I DO NOT want to create a new account. I have no idea what to do

:)

MainComp, Oct 14, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Oct 14, 2020
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Oct 14, 2020
  4. PBAPaul Win User

Store not using correct MS Account

Hi
    ThofikhAhamad

Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately they did not work.

We used the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter and this showed no problems. I have previously tried using a local account and then switching back to the Microsoft Account. I tried again and the problem persists.

The scenario is as follows:

• My wife start the computer.
    • She logs in to her Microsoft Account which is equivalent to L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. using her MS Account password.
    • She opens MS Store and tries to download an app.
    • She is asked for the password to my L:
      *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    • She has now entered that password and is allowed to download.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Login to her Microsoft Account using her MS Account password.
    • Open MS Store and try to download an app.
    • Successfully download the app!
    • Check the account details via the icon just by the search box.
    • This shows that I am logged on with my
      L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    • Go to "See Account" and this shows my wife's name and
      L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    • Use that screen to go to the Store which again
      shows my wife's name and L:
      *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.
    • Select an app from the lists.
    • See the details of the app and check the account details and guess what! It shows me at
      my L: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account.
    I am sorry about the detail explanation but as you can see; something is wrong and I can/have spent hours going round in circles trying to resolve the issue.

Any help that you can give me would be very gratefully received - both by me and my wife!

Thanks

PBAPaul, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Store and dead email account - Similar Threads - Store dead email

2. Remove an email associated with my MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an email associated with my MS account.: Somehow, in the distant past, both my wife's primary email address and my email address got associated with a single MS account. We would like to remove my wife's email from the MS account, but I can't find how to do it. When I am in my MS account profile...
  3. SSO Implementation for MS store account

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSO Implementation for MS store account: Like SSO for all other apps Via JumpCloud, we are looking to implement SSO for MS store account.The requirements will be :SSO for Browser logins, basically for admin activities on the Store accountSSO for testing device logins Like Surface device LoginAn integrated solution...
  4. SSO Implementation for MS store account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSO Implementation for MS store account: Like SSO for all other apps Via JumpCloud, we are looking to implement SSO for MS store account.The requirements will be :SSO for Browser logins, basically for admin activities on the Store accountSSO for testing device logins Like Surface device LoginAn integrated solution...
  5. SSO Implementation for MS store account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Dead by Daylight account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Dead by Daylight account: Hello dear microsoft Team, I would like toask if it is possible to transfer my Xbox One Dead by Daylight data to my pc if I downloaded the game over the same account in the microsoft store? Thanks in advance...
  7. Alternate email account for MS troubles

in Browsers and Email
    Alternate email account for MS troubles: I've had trouble with my Thunderbird email client not being able to receive messages from my POP email account starting November 25*. Fed up, I went to the websites of a few businesses I visit and changed my email from <username>@verizon.net to <username>@email.com and had...
  8. MS App store and wrong email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS App store and wrong email address: Hi there, When Vodafone went away from email in New Zealand I changed my email address to a gmail one. I can log in to my MS account no problems using the new email account When I try to go and download a game from the app store and do a GET it pops asking me to login...
  9. Wrong email used at MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email used at MS Store: I was logged in with the wrong email when I purchased an app, now my correct account (with active devices) cannot access the purchase. As I write this I am thinking the Return process might just as well be a decent solution. If an easier solution exists please do post....
  10. A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A tip for users changing ms account & ms store.: Today I changed my outlook account to my original gmail account. In an earlier post I gave a tip to fix onedrive. This time I found out the the ms store was asking for outlook account password, did not work. Microsoft support could not help either. But refusing to give up I...