Windows 10: MS Store App Start Up

Discus and support MS Store App Start Up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a app I got from Windows Store and I want to add it to Start up, so basically my PC boots, logs in and the app starts. I know the app is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lee McDougall, Aug 26, 2019.

1. MS Store App Start Up

Hi,

I have a app I got from Windows Store and I want to add it to Start up, so basically my PC boots, logs in and the app starts.

I know the app is located (I think) in the hidden C:\Program Files location.

There are multiple entries for the app but I have found the exe but when I try and launch it (from the .exe) it states "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".

But I can see the app in the start menu and launch it fine.

All I want to do is add the app to the Startup group (Is this still a thing?) so when I turn on the PC it launches the app... simple in previous versions..

There must be a simple way to do this that I am missing?

I know there is in Setting's and Start-up where you can choose your apps but mine isn't in the list.

I appreciate any help.

:)

Lee McDougall, Aug 26, 2019

2. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Aug 26, 2019
  3. LeonLaude Win User
    unable to download games from app store

Hi,

I suggest that you reset the Windows store, follow the steps below.

Reset the Windows Store

You can use the steps below to refresh the Store which will clear the cache and refresh your library and permissions.

• Close the Windows Store app if you have it open.
    • Click Start and type wsreset.
    • Right-Click on the command and click Run as Administrator. If the Windows permission box appears, click Yes or Run.
    • A black MS DOS screen will appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
    • Attempt to install Sea of Thieves

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

MS Store App Start Up

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. MS Store App Start Up :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

MS Store App Start Up

1. MS Store App Start Up - Similar Threads - Store App Start

2. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  3. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  4. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  6. MS-Store app not starting

MS-Store app not starting: Hello Community, a view days ago I installed the Microsoft HoloLens App on my offline-computer. Therefore I downloaded all necessary files from Microsoft Business Store including the dependencies and the correct installer. Now after the Installation, when I start the...
  7. Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu missing apps installed from MS Store: I installed 3D Builder into my Windows 10. The app, while fully functional through extension links -- double click an associated file and 3D Builder opens and works properly -- I do not have any mention of it in my Start Menu. The menu looks something like this: # 3D...
  8. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE: I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts. It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also...
  9. Unable to open Start Menu, Store, and other MS apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open Start Menu, Store, and other MS apps: This has been going on for a while. After the 1903 update, I was unable to access the start menu, the store and several apps that were not pinned to my task bar or desktop. I tried multiple solutions and was finally able to get the start menu to work after rolling back the...
  10. Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store Apps not showing up in Start Menu: I have apps installed from the Microsoft store on my laptop but they don't show up on the start menu to be able to pin to the start menu. They also don't show up under the "All Apps" area. Is there a way to force apps to show up so that I can pin them to the start menu?...