Windows 10: MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Discus and support MS Store & Apps fail to launch. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gettheclicker, Dec 9, 2017.

1. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago.

Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere.

I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the answer but there's something I must be doing wrong because I get errors every step of the way.

Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted>>PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML>>Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot FoundException

**************************************************************************************************** ********************************

Wsreset.exe ; ms-windows-storeMS Store & Apps fail to launch. :purgeCaches

The remote procedure call failed.

**************************************************************************************************** ********************************

I do not wish to system restore, format, nor reset. I know I did not have to last time around.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 9, 2017
  2. GHT2005 Win User

Reset this PC not working on Windows 10?

I am all of a sudden having the same issue. Regardless of running from hard drive or installation disk, reset PC doesn't work. I also cannot launch the MS Store, nor any MS Office 2013 apps. I get a pop up that says "The remote procedure call failed".

GHT2005, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Photo as well as other MS App not launching from my admin account

Since a week or two I saw that the Photo application is not working. Then I saw that other apps too (Calc, Finance...), as well as Windows Store !!! Not that mid march Photos App was working.

the Windows version I have is: 10.0.10586 Build 10586

When double clicking on any jpg file I get the message "The app didn't start".

Having looked to the community, I already took the below listed actions but without any success:

- I run MS App Troubleshooter.

- I run MS SFC (System File Checker) : Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

- As Windows Store is also not launching, I did a "Reset Windows Store cache".

Result is still the same: no apps are launching.

Note that these apps (except Store) are launching & working from another User Account on the same PC. But not working from my Admin account.

Is there a easy fix to this problem ?

Thanks.

EdouardLimoner, Dec 9, 2017
  4. harvey263 Win User

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Your code fails outright for me too. Try the same answer as here to repair the Store: Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update
    Code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | ForEach {Add-AppXPackage -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}[/quote] It's normal to get some errors in the console output, just retry your apps again after the cmdlet finishes. If that doesn't fix, then create a new user account and see if the issue follows. If not, you are probably dealing profile corruption.

harvey263, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

1. MS Store & Apps fail to launch. - Similar Threads - Store Apps fail

2. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  3. app launch fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app launch fails: My client has developed an app, which is supposed to start from an executable EXE. But the app fails to launch on most Windows 10/11 machines not all. Where can we go to get support on this?...
  4. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  5. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  6. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  8. MS STORE APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  9. MS Store and apps do not launch.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store and apps do not launch.: MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open. Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the system could not be recovered....
  10. MS Store not launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Store not launching: What is the best fix for MS Store not launching with latest Win 10 upgrade ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-not-launching/208365ee-1da0-419a-9ced-cc0d9b78d42e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store fail to launch

2. microsoft apps fail to launch

3. ms store failure to launch