Windows 10: MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Discus and support MS Store & Apps fail to launch. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago. Ms store and the apps within open for a second then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gettheclicker, Dec 9, 2017.

1. MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Did an update last night and can't locate the step by step solution I found months ago.

Ms store and the apps within open for a second then disappear. No Error notifications anywhere.

I have tried the Powershell and SFC routes with no success. I know Powershell is the answer but there's something I must be doing wrong because I get errors every step of the way.

Windows PowerShellCopyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted>>PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML>>Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:1+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot FoundException

**************************************************************************************************** ********************************

Wsreset.exe ; ms-windows-storeMS Store & Apps fail to launch. :purgeCaches

The remote procedure call failed.

**************************************************************************************************** ********************************

I do not wish to system restore, format, nor reset. I know I did not have to last time around.

:)

gettheclicker, Dec 9, 2017
  2. GHT2005 Win User

Reset this PC not working on Windows 10?

I am all of a sudden having the same issue. Regardless of running from hard drive or installation disk, reset PC doesn't work. I also cannot launch the MS Store, nor any MS Office 2013 apps. I get a pop up that says "The remote procedure call failed".

GHT2005, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Photo as well as other MS App not launching from my admin account

Since a week or two I saw that the Photo application is not working. Then I saw that other apps too (Calc, Finance...), as well as Windows Store !!! Not that mid march Photos App was working.

the Windows version I have is: 10.0.10586 Build 10586

When double clicking on any jpg file I get the message "The app didn't start".

Having looked to the community, I already took the below listed actions but without any success:

- I run MS App Troubleshooter.

- I run MS SFC (System File Checker) : Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

- As Windows Store is also not launching, I did a "Reset Windows Store cache".

Result is still the same: no apps are launching.

Note that these apps (except Store) are launching & working from another User Account on the same PC. But not working from my Admin account.

Is there a easy fix to this problem ?

Thanks.

EdouardLimoner, Dec 9, 2017
  4. harvey263 Win User

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

Your code fails outright for me too. Try the same answer as here to repair the Store: Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update
    Code: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | ForEach {Add-AppXPackage -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}[/quote] It's normal to get some errors in the console output, just retry your apps again after the cmdlet finishes. If that doesn't fix, then create a new user account and see if the issue follows. If not, you are probably dealing profile corruption.

harvey263, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

MS Store & Apps fail to launch.

1. MS Store & Apps fail to launch. - Similar Threads - Store Apps fail

2. Windows store apps will not launch

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store apps will not launch: I cannot launch any windows store apps. Store, Snip 'n sketch and feedback up are not operational. none of these apps show up in Apps and Features in Settings. I have installed 2020-04 update and am current on all updates....
  3. MS Store and apps do not launch.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Store and apps do not launch.: MS Store will not open. No MS Store apps open. Tried a zillion things - wsreset, changed permissions, tried to do recovery and got message the system could not be recovered....
  4. Built-in apps fail to launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in apps fail to launch: Not sure which forum to post this in -- since it has to do with apps, trying here. I'm at my wits end with my new Windows 10 laptop! The built-in apps (e.g., Connect, Feedback Hub, Microsoft Store, Movies & TV) show splash screens and then disappear after a couple seconds....
  5. MS Store not launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Store not launching: What is the best fix for MS Store not launching with latest Win 10 upgrade ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-not-launching/208365ee-1da0-419a-9ced-cc0d9b78d42e
  6. Microsoft Store app not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store app not launching: can you help ***Original title: I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-not-launching/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  7. Some apps failing to launch

Some apps failing to launch: This is a repeat of an earlier posting which seems to have a solved tick, when it has not been solved. Any suggestions welcome I had an update to windows a few days ago. Now some of the apps are not launching. The following work as normal: Settings, calculator, paint,...
  8. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch: Not a single Windows 10 App works (store Mail Weather Goove etc.) Every attempt is followed by this in Event Viewer for System: The server microsoft.windowslive.mail did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. and for Applications: Activation of app...
  9. Store Apps won't launch

Store Apps won't launch: So after the yesterday's upgrade to Windows 10, I decided to download it again and make an USB for a fresh installation. Done that. But after I booted into the OS, I noticed that Store Apps won't launch at all. Even the defaults like Mail and Music and everything 'metro'. I...
  10. 20% discount @ MS Stores on launch day

in Windows 10 News
    20% discount @ MS Stores on launch day: Windows Insiders will get 20 percent off on Windows 10 launch day Yep, just go to the Windows Store on launch day for your discount, and a chance at other exclusive goodies. Mark Hachman: Senior Editor, PCWorld- Jul 20, 2015 Windows Insiders, we know testing out a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store fail to launch

2. microsoft apps fail to launch

3. ms store failure to launch