Windows 10: MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

Discus and support MS Store apps icons are missing in search results in Cortana to solve the problem; I get the same issue as described here... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Chris Giroux Esq., Sep 7, 2019.

1. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d

To reproduce it I

1. Open Start menu
    2. Type an app name (UWP app only)
    3. Look at the search results

Consistently, UWP apps have no icons in the search results while W32 or x64 apps do.

I have already attempted to :

- Flush icon cache (as described in the linked post above)

- Repair app store

- SFC /Scannow

- DISM /Repairhealth

- Restore/Reset individual apps

And none of them worked.

So Please, do not claim this question if you have not experienced this and fixed it yourself.

Thank you very much

:)

Chris Giroux Esq., Sep 7, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Mr0P Win User
    Missing Store Apps Icons

Hi, when I search for store apps like calculator, store, settings the icons don't show up.

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results [​IMG]

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results [​IMG]

However when I have them pinned their icons show up.

Mr0P, Sep 7, 2019
  4. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

Missing icons for Trusted Microsoft Store Apps in Start Menu search and taskbar

Help!

The icons for my Trusted Microsoft Store apps are missing from my start menu when I search for them. They are also missing from my tasbar. I alo notice that icons are missing for files that are associated with these apps are missing.

Any idea on how to solve this?

When Using Search

Searching in the start menu won't show the icon for Trusted Microsoft Store apps. Other app icons are visible in the search.

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results YTgT5m.jpg

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results dU3L3m.jpg

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results 05vcYm.jpg

In start menu

The icons for the store apps are visible in the menu when not searching:

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results tDyrM.png

Not visible in taskbar either

Here you can see that both the Slack and Store app icons aren't visible on the taskbar:

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results PMuiz.png

No file icons for associated apps

My images are associated with Windows Photos (also a Microsoft Trusted Store App). The aren't showing their icons.

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results jMbJG.png

What I've done so far

I've been searching Google and the MS fora for hours now. What I've tried so far:

• Running all Windows Updates
    • Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    • Clearing the general icon cache by deleting C:\Users\[snip]\AppData\Local\IconCache.db
    • Clearing Explorer icon cache by deleting C:\Users\[snip]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\IconCache*.db
    • Re-reregistring all Windows store apps with PowerShell by running: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Running Disk Clean Up and choosing Clean Up System Files
    • Running WSReset.exe

All to no avail. I hope you guys know a solution.

Kees C. Bakker, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

1. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results - Similar Threads - Store apps icons

2. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu: If I scroll down the list of all installed apps on the start menu there is a Microsoft Store entry with the expected briefcase. But if I type "st" then it searches and I get the Microsoft Store entry at the top, as an app, and the icon is the missing image thing. The white...
  3. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu: If I scroll down the list of all installed apps on the start menu there is a Microsoft Store entry with the expected briefcase. But if I type "st" then it searches and I get the Microsoft Store entry at the top, as an app, and the icon is the missing image thing. The white...
  4. Microsoft Store app icon is missing in search result on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. icon missing in windows search results

in Cortana
    icon missing in windows search results: hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not pre-installed windows appssuch as photos, weather, this pc please help....
  6. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  7. Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in search results

in Cortana
    Most stock Store apps displayed as "ms-resource:AppName" in search results: For many months now, I noticed that the standard windows Calculator app, which I use often, no longer was displayed as "Calculator" in the search results, but as "ms-resource:AppName". It didn't bother me too much since I could still type "calc" or rather, the German...
  8. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  9. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  10. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.: Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start Menu. I've attached the image to get the better idea of what I'm talking about. Did anyone face the issue after using...