Windows 10: MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk?

Discus and support MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where can I find the defined term for "owned" in the context of MS store apps? Is this a category unique from installed or never installed in terms of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by o___k, Jun 27, 2020.

1. o___k Win User

MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk?

Where can I find the defined term for "owned" in the context of MS store apps?

Is this a category unique from installed or never installed in terms of permissions/terms/access?

If yes, does it depend on the app, or is their an umbrella term adopted by the MS Store apps?

Asking as previous posts seem to indicate we cannot delete from our account.

:)

o___k, Jun 27, 2020

2. Unable to install Apps downloaded from Windows Store

Hi, Vinesh.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if the issue occurs.

Step 1: Run App Troubleshooter.

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Step 2:

If the issue persist, I would suggest that you un-install and re-install the app from Windows Store.

Note: Exit store when trying to re-install the app.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 27, 2020
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Microsoft store shows app Installed...not so

Tried both suggestions as the Troubleshooting step did not fix the issue...Reset Windows Store and now the Appl in the store shows I OWN it...prior it showed it as installed.

So still cannot re-install the app......

denmarfl, Jun 27, 2020
  4. MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk?

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk?

1. MS Store Apps that are owned but not installed - Security Risk? - Similar Threads - Store Apps are

2. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store: I tried installing "Dolby Access" but it shows you own this app but when i click install it's not installing, so i tried installing other apps but the same problem happensI tried resetting Microsoft Store in settings,I tried "wsreset" in run,I tried resigning my Microsoft...
  3. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store: I tried installing "Dolby Access" but it shows you own this app but when i click install it's not installing, so i tried installing other apps but the same problem happensI tried resetting Microsoft Store in settings,I tried "wsreset" in run,I tried resigning my Microsoft...
  4. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  6. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  7. Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install

Microsoft Store - Own the app but can't install: Every time I try to install an app from Microsoft Store, it would show "You own this app.", but it wouldn't start installing the app when I click "Install". I tried every method in this thread and thispost, but none of them works to solve my problem. Any other solution...
  8. Microsoft store owned app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store owned app.: I have Microsoft store owned app for DVD player but they want to charge me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-owned-app/f962b425-960d-49a5-aedb-ac777937586d
  9. Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store

Can't install the app, it shows "owned" but not installing - Microsoft Store: I tried installing "Dolby Access" but it shows you own this app but when i click install it's not installing, so i tried installing other apps but the same problem happens I tried resetting Microsoft Store in settings, I tried "wsreset" in run, I tried resigning my...
  10. App store's review navigation broken for apps owned but not installed.

App store's review navigation broken for apps owned but not installed.: Couldn't find a bug report link, so posting here for the Store team to review. Your app store's review section navigation is broken. Try going to the next page of reviews. This is broken in both Win10 Store App as well as going there using a browser (e.g. Windows 10 x64...