Windows 10: MS Store completely gone

Discus and support MS Store completely gone in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have lost ms store completely from my computer. I had an issue this week when my brother forced my PC off during updates. I did not have a back up... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by P4P4G04T, Nov 23, 2018.

1. P4P4G04T Win User

MS Store completely gone

I have lost ms store completely from my computer. I had an issue this week when my brother forced my PC off during updates. I did not have a back up file and was forced to do a reset via windows 10 software. I opted to "keep files and settings" but lost all my apps. I got most of the stuff back in order and just today realized microsoft Edge wasn't working. Once I found that out I started trying to get it fixed, and I realized the problem was much larger than that. MS Store folder is gone, I cannot create a new user because when I click it I get the message:

"Search for app in the Store?

You need to install an app for this task.

Would you like to search for one in the Store?"

When I click "Yes" nothing happens. I am not sure what to do and I would rather not try resetting again. I got Windows 10 when they gave out the free update from 7, so I don't have a disk to use as a repairing mechanism, and I am not 100% sure I will get everything back if I go through that hole process again either. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

P4P4G04T, Nov 23, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond MS Store completely gone :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 23, 2018
  4. MS Store completely gone

windows store gone

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

There could be a corruption with the Windows Store. Try restarting the computer once and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache and check.
    WSReset.exe is a troubleshooting tool designed to reset the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.

• Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

MS Store completely gone

1. MS Store completely gone - Similar Threads - Store completely gone

2. Microsoft store completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store completely gone: After updating my Windows image it erased all traces of the Windows store, like literally everything about it and relating to it, ive tried like a million ways to do it. Yes even the GetPackage stuff in powershell doesnt do anything, like no error message, no loading nothing...
  3. Microsoft store completely gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store completely gone: After updating my Windows image it erased all traces of the Windows store, like literally everything about it and relating to it, ive tried like a million ways to do it. Yes even the GetPackage stuff in powershell doesnt do anything, like no error message, no loading nothing...
  4. Microsoft store completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MS Store completely BROKEN!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  6. MS Store completely BROKEN!

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store completely BROKEN!: Tried to reset it, nothing. Tried to view an app page on the store, loads and crashes (can only close the window with the red X) Tried to check on updates, see only a spinning circle. Can't scroll down on the app pages, whole app gets stuck! Damn, that store is such a piece...
  7. Microsoft store completely gone from windows.

Microsoft store completely gone from windows.: So my windows 10 microsoft store is completely gone. I cant download any microsoft apps because there is no store. I tried doing a clean install of windows 10 and the store is still missing....help!...
  8. My microsoft store is just completely gone

My microsoft store is just completely gone: My PC is windows 10 but doesn't have the windows store i wanted this to download Instagram I have tried several power shell things but the store isn't disabled its just not on my PC at all ive looked for downloads but can't find any and I have made different user accounts...
  9. I need to disable MS Store completely.

I need to disable MS Store completely.: I need to deactivate MS Store completely from my computer. Is there a way to do it? Or at least one way to block or hide it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-disable-ms-store-completely/3175bc02-d41e-4a36-8309-85f7a33b4b8b"
  10. I need to disable MS Store completely.

I need to disable MS Store completely.: As the title says, I need to disable MS Store completely from my computer. Is there a way to do that? Or at least a way to block it or hide it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-disable-ms-store-completely/9a06e673-e1e1-48b4-8c16-4f619a4c3bf6"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows store completely gone