Windows 10: MS store crashes - if you click on an app

Discus and support MS store crashes - if you click on an app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,MS Store crashes/closes after you select an app.So it opens and you can search, scroll, but the moment you select an app - it drops out...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DiggerDavey, Aug 3, 2022.

1. MS store crashes - if you click on an app

Hello,MS Store crashes/closes after you select an app.So it opens and you can search, scroll, but the moment you select an app - it drops out... closes.PLEASE don't suggest all the 'usual' stuff as it doesn't work, seriously.**Reset the Microsoft Store cache**Check the Microsoft Store Install Service**Reinstall the Microsoft Store appGet-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}Restart your computer THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORKI need a more advanced solution if there is one, before someone suggests ref

:)

DiggerDavey, Aug 3, 2022

2. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, Aug 3, 2022
  3. APP STORE CRASH

Hi Robert,

Thanks posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Windows store crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell
      • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      • Close the Powershell window
      • Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 3, 2022
  4. MS store crashes - if you click on an app

Uninstalling MS Store apps?

I uninstalled them (Revo Uninstaller) but in MS Store all the apps are still on the list... with "Install" button next to them. I want to remove them from that list.

TomazDrnovsek, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

MS store crashes - if you click on an app

1. MS store crashes - if you click on an app - Similar Threads - store crashes click

2. MS store crashes - if you click on an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store crashes - if you click on an app: Hello,MS Store crashes/closes after you select an app.So it opens and you can search, scroll, but the moment you select an app - it drops out... closes.PLEASE don't suggest all the 'usual' stuff as it doesn't work, seriously.**Reset the Microsoft Store cache**Check the...
  3. MS Store Game Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Game Crashing: HelloOur main PC has 3 user accounts for family members and we all play the same game, although at different levels.We play a MS Store older 2d game and my game keeps crashing, closes or freezes with 2 minutes.The other 2 users have no problems.The PC is an i5 10600K with 32...
  4. MS Store Game Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store Game Crashing: HelloOur main PC has 3 user accounts for family members and we all play the same game, although at different levels.We play a MS Store older 2d game and my game keeps crashing, closes or freezes with 2 minutes.The other 2 users have no problems.The PC is an i5 10600K with 32...
  5. MS Store Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  7. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "You will need a New app to open ms windows store"

"You will need a New app to open ms windows store": I am trying to install lenovo vantage and ms store doesn't open and it just shows this message "you will need a New app to open ms windows store " I tried solutions here https://windowsreport.com/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms/#4But it didn't work for meMay you help me...
  9. MS STORE APP

MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  10. No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE

No vetting of APPS on the MS APP STORE: I downloaded a few deal of the day APPS yesterday. One clearly appeared to be from VLC as used LOGO. However: It is only an app with links to some YouTube VLC tutorials and other links to alleged VLC experts. It is really bad. The DANGEROUS part is the developer also...