Windows 10: MS Store defaults to wrong Country

Discus and support MS Store defaults to wrong Country in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So, now that MS has abandoned Windows Mobile 10, we've all put our money into another phone platform. In my case - an iPhone. In order to be able... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by B. Parker, Jan 4, 2020.

1. B. Parker Win User

MS Store defaults to wrong Country

So, now that MS has abandoned Windows Mobile 10, we've all put our money into another phone platform.

In my case - an iPhone.

In order to be able to view my iPhone photos on my Windows 10 Pro desktop, I need to download the Microsoft HEVC Video Extension at a cost of $0.99.

When I click on "Buy" and verify my identity, I am redirected by the MS Store to a shell in which I am prompted to "Add Profile Address" even though my address is already in my Microsoft Account profile information.

When I click on the "Add Profile Address" it comes up with the format for a USA address. The "Country/Region" is set for United States and is greyed out. I cannot change it to my country.

Where is it picking up that I'm in the USA? My machine and my MS Account both have another country identified as my location.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

B.

:)

B. Parker, Jan 4, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS Store defaults to wrong Country :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Wrong Country in WIndows Store

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

If you move to a different country or region, change your region setting to keep shopping at Store.

NOTE: Most products purchased from Windows Store in one region will not work in another. This includes Xbox Live Gold and Groove Music Pass, apps, games, music, movies, and TV shows.

• To change your region in Windows, in the search box, enter Region, and then select
      Change your country or region.
    • Under Country or region, select your new region.
    • You can switch back to your original region at any time.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 4, 2020
  4. MS Store defaults to wrong Country

I cannot change country for Microsoft Store

Hi Adam,

I'm Evett an Independent Adviser, willing to assist you with your issue.

You are required to select the region and country you are living in at the moment of Windows installation on your PC. You can find apps available in your region at the prices based on your location on the Windows Store. I suggest you follow the steps from the
    article below to change the country or region for Microsoft Store: Change your country or region in Microsoft Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/403926...

Best regards,

Evett

Evett Slanders, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

MS Store defaults to wrong Country

1. MS Store defaults to wrong Country - Similar Threads - Store defaults wrong

2. No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Access Wi-Fi Apple Store All Country or Store All Country: Uykjg5rfddr76dykityud6rjjyrr6udyjj5rtke https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-wi-fi-apple-store-all-country/5be65d6c-2be8-41ef-9cd1-6346b9c81017
  3. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  4. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  5. Phonelink for iPhone, wrong version in MS app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phonelink for iPhone, wrong version in MS app store?: The Microsoft Answer page at Use Phone Link App with an iOS device - Microsoft Community indicates the version of the phonelink app in the app store is the one that supports iPhone. When I go to the app store from my Win 11 laptop, the only version I can get still says...
  6. Wrong Country On Gift Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Country On Gift Card: I have attempted to redeem my xbox card for USD but when I go to redeem, right next to my email it says new zealand? I never selected new zealand and inside of my settings it also says United States. Unrelated: I Got a new phone number and my xbox account used my old phone...
  7. Wrong Country On Gift Card

Wrong Country On Gift Card: I have attempted to redeem my xbox card for USD but when I go to redeem, right next to my email it says new zealand? I never selected new zealand and inside of my settings it also says United States. Unrelated: I Got a new phone number and my xbox account used my old phone...
  8. MS App store and wrong email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS App store and wrong email address: Hi there, When Vodafone went away from email in New Zealand I changed my email address to a gmail one. I can log in to my MS account no problems using the new email account When I try to go and download a game from the app store and do a GET it pops asking me to login...
  9. IP address location wrong country

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP address location wrong country: My browser shows that I'm in Canada and reroutes all my sites through Canada even though I'm in Michigan. My settings in Chrome show I'm in the US. Despite that, all my sites, such as AOL and Amazon, locate me in Canada. It also registers I'm in Canada on other browsers,...
  10. Wrong email used at MS Store

Wrong email used at MS Store: I was logged in with the wrong email when I purchased an app, now my correct account (with active devices) cannot access the purchase. As I write this I am thinking the Return process might just as well be a decent solution. If an easier solution exists please do post....