Windows 10: MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed.

Discus and support MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PFCBarefoot [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PFCBarefoot, Oct 12, 2020.

1. MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed.

/u/PFCBarefoot, Oct 12, 2020

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 12, 2020
  4. MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed.

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed.

1. MS Store Is Awful - It thinks the game is not installed. - Similar Threads - Store Awful thinks

2. MS Store is not installed and is not able to be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store is not installed and is not able to be installed: -MS Store is not installed on my computer-Unable to install any apps-Cannot find a way to get MS Store on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-not-installed-and-is-not-able-to-be/2972c96a-ccaf-4e86-a104-fc423455b4c4
  3. MS Store is not installed and is not able to be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store is not installed and is not able to be installed: -MS Store is not installed on my computer-Unable to install any apps-Cannot find a way to get MS Store on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-is-not-installed-and-is-not-able-to-be/2972c96a-ccaf-4e86-a104-fc423455b4c4
  4. MS Store Game Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Game Crashing: HelloOur main PC has 3 user accounts for family members and we all play the same game, although at different levels.We play a MS Store older 2d game and my game keeps crashing, closes or freezes with 2 minutes.The other 2 users have no problems.The PC is an i5 10600K with 32...
  5. MS Store Game Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Store Game Crashing: HelloOur main PC has 3 user accounts for family members and we all play the same game, although at different levels.We play a MS Store older 2d game and my game keeps crashing, closes or freezes with 2 minutes.The other 2 users have no problems.The PC is an i5 10600K with 32...
  6. The microsoft store is nothing but awful

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The microsoft store is nothing but awful: Never have I used such a terrible store. I do not understand how a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot even make a half-functional store. Steam, EpicGames, Origin, and EA all have perfectly functioning web stores but not Microsoft. I get to play Russian roulette with...
  7. MS photo will not install from MS Store

MS photo will not install from MS Store: MS Photo will not install from Store to my windows 10 PC. It downloads about 1 MB installs a 16kb executable and then stops. this just hap[pened today after I got the error message that MS Photo app isn't started. Tried the same BS to repair, reset, update, delete uisng...
  8. This is how MS Store downloads games...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is how MS Store downloads games...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someniatko [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxwe2l/this_is_how_ms_store_downloads_games/
  9. Game Pass - MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass - MS Store: Hi everyone, Today I´ve used a laptop running windows 10 and didn´t login to my personal MS account. Just set a local account and use it this way. I was very surprised when opening the store to download an app and realized that every game included on gamepass had the...
  10. MS Store crashes when installing xbox game bar

MS Store crashes when installing xbox game bar: No reason, no error, just crashes. Can't install xbox game bar because Microsoft decided to do some proprietary **** which doesn't work. Awesome work as always...