Windows 10: MS Store not loading or updating apps

Discus and support MS Store not loading or updating apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; For about 4 weeks now might be even longer the MS Store app has not been working correctly. In the beginning updating apps became incredibly slow... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Lizalaroo, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Lizalaroo Win User

MS Store not loading or updating apps

For about 4 weeks now might be even longer the MS Store app has not been working correctly.

In the beginning updating apps became incredibly slow until now the blue circle of dots just spins continuously, not even listing what app/s need updating.

Pressing the Get Updates tab freezes the app and I have to close it.

Clicking the store icon opens it up successfully to the home page but the trouble starts after clicking the 3 dots and then the Downloads and Updates tab.

I have done a wsreset, scf scannow, Checkhealth, Scanhealth and nothing is helping. I am unable to update my games.

Example... Sea of Thieves Insider build. I know it needs updating as the last date it was modified was 19/09/2020 and there is an update every week on a Friday. I can go to my Library and click on it, which will bring up the product page but it wont start the new update. It just says 'This product is installed' and when I launch it it will not play as there is a mismatch in builds. Is there no way to force the update?

I am unable to test this game because your store app wont update it! Soooo frustrating!
    I've noticed, from looking for answers and a fix, that the store seems to have been causing problems for a few years now.

Does anyone else have something I can try that's not too technical.

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi.... you're my only hope.

:)

Lizalaroo, Oct 2, 2020

2. windows 10 app store not loading

hi there, tried it again and still got the infinite load ring after a few more attempts I just gave up and shut down my pc, when I turned on my pc just now the ms store seems to be working, guess the powershell trick might have just needed a restart to finish
    things off?

regardless thanks for the help for now at least the MS Store app is working again MS Store not loading or updating apps :)

P.S. As an aside, do you guys know what might be causing this bug? for future references so I can stop this from happening again in the future

KyleOliquiano, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 store app not loading.

Have tried to fix the Store App by running the following:

WSReset.exe

App Troubleshooter

Powershell.

NOTHING RESOLVED

From the Troubleshooter the following was stated. "Windows Store Cache maybe damaged" also "Windows cannot find MS-Windows-Store Purge Caches

Have additionally tried to Reset the cache folder in App Directory using the following inserting my username

But at that stage I have found that there are No files or entries listed for the LocalState or LocalCache. Therefore Not able to proceed with this line of action. Any suggested further action on this please?

Any other suggestions that I may try to resolve that the Store App is not loading.

Thanks

Minuteman.2, Oct 2, 2020
  4. MS Store not loading or updating apps

Uninstalling MS Store apps?

I'd assume you paid for those games so yeah, it makes sense to have the licenses.
    In MS Store I will forever have Candy Crush Saga and alike cluttering my list of apps I never, ever want to see again. I once tried a few calculator apps just to find the one I like and now I will forever have all of them making noise on the list and making it harder to find the apps I maybe would want to install again in the future. Those are just two examples, I can go on all day *Wink

TomazDrnovsek, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

MS Store not loading or updating apps

1. MS Store not loading or updating apps - Similar Threads - Store loading updating

2. MS Store App Updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store App Updates: Hi,We have a slight issue and i'm a bit stuck.We have a GPO that auto updates the MS Store apps.This is fine.However, if we have users that have previously logged onto a machine, it wont update the apps for those users seemingly.This means we have machines with out of date MS...
  3. MS Store App Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store App Updates: Hi,We have a slight issue and i'm a bit stuck.We have a GPO that auto updates the MS Store apps.This is fine.However, if we have users that have previously logged onto a machine, it wont update the apps for those users seemingly.This means we have machines with out of date MS...
  4. MS Store App Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Store Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps: Is it possible to force updates of the MS Store apps via GPO? Currently our users do not have access to update the apps via the MS Store as we lock down their access to the store....
  6. MS STORE APP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS STORE APP: MS Store app along with other preinstalled apps in win 10 pro has disappeared. Tried the suggested powershell solution but does not work for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-app/5c89cd5c-5782-4cd2-99a5-3d18bce54136
  7. Updating apps via the MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating apps via the MS Store: I have just tried to update my apps via the MS Store. Candy crush appears to be updating but has been doing this for weeks now. Any other update mechanism Windows / MacAfee etc just spinnig..... any ideas? I've uninstalled Candy crush, but the stoopid machine still wants to...
  8. MS Store and Search Will Not Load

MS Store and Search Will Not Load: Hi. I recently updated to 1903 and everything had been working fine. Now when I try to open MS store it will not load (says to refresh or report) and when I start typing in search to open an application nothing comes up...just black space and some blue dots continually...
  9. MS Store and Search Will Not Load

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store and Search Will Not Load: Hi. I recently updated to 1903 and everything had been working fine. Now when I try to open MS store it will not load (says to refresh or report) and when I start typing in search to open an application nothing comes up...just black space and some blue dots continually...
  10. app down load from MS store

app down load from MS store: I can not down load apps from MS app store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-down-load-from-ms-store/8e7682e0-5696-4a98-9503-26cf8e270d4e