Windows 10: MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore

Discus and support MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title states, Microsoft store, photos app, music app, feedback hub and other apps are not working anymore. I remember them working fine a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sdr_r, Nov 29, 2022.

1. sdr_r Win User

MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore

As the title states, Microsoft store, photos app, music app, feedback hub and other apps are not working anymore. I remember them working fine a month or two ago, so not sure what has changed.I have added pictures of the messages that I get when I try to launch these apps:I did find issues similar to this and tried what they had suggested with no result.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-not-working-in-windows-10/abfba8ff-8dd3-4e4a-ad89-81e7b59608d0I have also tried other methods that the issue mentioned above asks to try including trying to reset the app from

:)

sdr_r, Nov 29, 2022
  2. sdr_r Win User

As the title states, Microsoft store, photos app, music app, feedback hub and other apps are not working anymore. I remember them working fine a month or two ago, so not sure what has changed.

I have added pictures of the messages that I get when I try to launch these apps:

MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore 8ea49660-ee75-44a4-b475-9ffb5f401351?upload=true.png

MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore 712a1228-dcb7-401d-a094-af1d1e0a3e2d?upload=true.png

MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore 668a1e44-5359-4f79-a938-f947ec89a5a2?upload=true.png

MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore a43ba72b-7d4a-4d52-bfbe-32b906fc42de?upload=true.png

I did find issues similar to this and tried what they had suggested with no result.

Redirecting

I have also tried other methods that the issue mentioned above asks to try (including trying to reset the app from settings and trying to reinstall the windows store), in vain. I also tried rolling back some latest updates with system restore too, but I seem to not have a restore point that is more than a month and when I did restore with the latest restore image, I still get the same issues.

I would to get some help regarding this, as it's affecting my productivity very much.

Thanks in advance

sdr_r, Nov 30, 2022
  3. billyj2 Win User
    Photos app not working

Hi Nikhar

I did the things that were suggested. No joy. It looks like the download from the MS Store works but the the install process fails for the photos app and the films & tv app. I also tested the MS Store functionality by downloading the WiFi Speed tester app
    from the store. It worked and it works.

Now what?

Billyj

billyj2, Nov 30, 2022
  4. MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

1. MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore - Similar Threads - store Photos music

2. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  3. Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app windows 10: Icloud photos don't show up anymore in photos app, it used to work fine before.Now the message "Oops! Please add iCloud to Folders" appears.Tried adding the icloud photos folder again, but this don't change anything....
  4. MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore: As the title states, Microsoft store, photos app, music app, feedback hub and other apps are not working anymore. I remember them working fine a month or two ago, so not sure what has changed.I have added pictures of the messages that I get when I try to launch these apps:I...
  5. MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS store, Photos, music and a whole lot of apps don't work anymore: As the title states, Microsoft store, photos app, music app, feedback hub and other apps are not working anymore. I remember them working fine a month or two ago, so not sure what has changed.I have added pictures of the messages that I get when I try to launch these apps:I...
  6. MS Photos not working in an FE College, users don't have access to Microsoft Store.

MS Photos not working in an FE College, users don't have access to Microsoft Store.: I work as an IT Technician in a large College, however, we have, for the last couple of years, had an influx of users reporting that they're not able to open or use the Windows Photos App. As an organization with over 1500 deployed PC's, this is quite an issue... Me and...
  7. MS-Store app not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS-Store app not working: Hello Community, A view days ago I had to install the Microsoft HoloLens App on my developement-pc which has no internet access. Therefore I received a .appx File downloaded from Microsoft Business Store and all corresponding dependencies .NET.Native.Framework.. and so ....
  8. Photos and MS Store Apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos and MS Store Apps won't open: After installing the most recent Win 10 updates, I find that I cannot open the Photos app, nor can I get Microsoft Store to open. When trying to open Photos I get a blue dialog box with the message "This app can't open". I've tried to repair and reset this app with no...
  9. Photos App music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App music: How do I add my music tracks to the Windows 10 Photos App https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-music/e895ecb1-1187-469d-9490-dc0888b706f4"
  10. Windows apps and app stores don't work

Windows apps and app stores don't work: Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original app names. By clicking...