Windows 10: ms store will not open.

Discus and support ms store will not open. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Error message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store. Where do I go from here?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by gerald chandler, May 5, 2019.

1. ms store will not open.

Error message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store.

Where do I go from here?

:)

gerald chandler, May 5, 2019

2. Store crashes in window 10 : you'll need a new app to open this: ms-windows-store

I just added my wife, Melissa, as a new user account and now the Microsoft Store app is not even listed. When I click on adding an app from your Edge homepage it still shows the window:

You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store

I have already typed in the powershell commands suggested and restarted and its still not working. What is the next step? I am using a Dell XPS All In One that started with WIndows 8 - upgraded to 8.1 and then upgraded to WIndows 10.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

MelissaDickman, May 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. ms store will not open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

ms store will not open.

Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, May 5, 2019
Thema:

ms store will not open.

1. ms store will not open. - Similar Threads - store open

2. The Roblox App on Microsoft Store won't open, any fixes?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The Roblox App on Microsoft Store won't open, any fixes?: it crashes upon startup, and yes i know there is a browser variant, but i need the MS variant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-roblox-app-on-microsoft-store-wont-open-any/83109775-1bcb-47d5-942f-33f9f0e07929"
  3. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...
  4. Windows Store won’t open – fix it

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows Store won’t open – fix it: Last Updated on April 24, 2019The Windows Store wasn’t always around: it was born with the beginnings of Windows 8. It allowed Windows users to download “Metro Apps” – special Windows 8 apps that required a manual installation process. These apps were more akin to the apps...
  5. Microsoft store won't open Windows 10

Microsoft store won't open Windows 10: Hi just got a Lenovo ThinkPad with Windows 10 and my Microsoft Store won't open. It says "Something happened on our end"and this is the Code: 0x00000190 displayed. Please help!...
  6. Windows store doesn't open on my dell inspiron 17 5000 series

Windows store doesn't open on my dell inspiron 17 5000 series: windows store stopped opening on my dell inspiron 17 5000 series laptop. And I have tried using the windows store troubleshooting program, yet the problem persist. kindly help me out...
  7. Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.

Microsoft Store and apps don't open. Nothing works to fix.: Hi. I've read just about every discussion and suggestion how to fix this, but none of them help. I had no problems until 2 days ago when I attempted to install an add-on for MS Edge. Install was unsuccessful, it downloaded several times but gave an error that couldn't...
  8. Windows 10 Store won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Store won't open: Recently I installed some driver updates (about a week ago) and since then my PC has been acting weird. First, some of my programs started saying "____ has stopped working" when I try to open them. Second, whenever I try to log into my PC, I hit enter to most past the clock...
  9. Microsoft Store Wont open after reinstalling Windows 10

Microsoft Store Wont open after reinstalling Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 like 2 days ago, a few moments ago i realised that i cant open the Windows 10 Store. i reinstalled it via Powershell and it's now installed but the problem is when i try to open , it opens a small window and close it directly without any...
  10. Windows store and Apps stopped opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store and Apps stopped opening: Hi, Recently, I tried to enter Microsoft Weather App but it opens for less than seconds and then closes without any error. Same happened with Windows Store, News Apps, Feedback Hub, and Facebook App. I tried resetting the weather app, tried wsreset.exe, tried the...