Windows 10: MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own

Discus and support MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2022 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blake Sutton, Jun 9, 2023.

1. MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own

Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2022 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 I have update apps automatically turned off within the Microsoft Store settings. I also have automatic updates turned off within the Xbox app. However, it never fails that a game is updating when I wake my PC up, and my point to point wireless download cap of 25 MB is completely taken over and I start to get angry at my internet provider for a few minutes instead of who is actually to blame. Tell me what I need to do to stop this please. It is infuriati

:)

Blake Sutton, Jun 9, 2023

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 9, 2023
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 9, 2023
  4. MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own

1. MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own - Similar Threads - Store Xbox app

2. MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store & Xbox app automatic update setting turned off but still updating on its own: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎9/‎25/‎2022 OS build 22621.1778 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22642.1000.0 I have update apps automatically turned off within the Microsoft Store settings. I also have automatic updates turned off within the...
  3. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  4. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  5. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  6. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  7. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store Apps failing to automatically update: I am trying to update the MS Store apps using the PowerShell commands because even though it's set to automatically update its actually does not and the only way to do it is to manually do it.I have completely re-installed windows 10 and even after that, there does not seem...
  8. MS Store Apps failing to automatically update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Camera is turning on and off on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Updates for Apps in Windows 10 Store Turn On or Off Automatic Download and Install of App Updates by Store in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can...