Windows 10: MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709

Discus and support MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, just a note of appreciation (to my surprise!) to MS- When I finally tried upgrading to 1709, I immediately got that error number, together with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dalchina, Dec 20, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709

Hi, just a note of appreciation (to my surprise!) to MS- When I finally tried upgrading to 1709, I immediately got that error number, together with a link to contact MS support.

I thought I'd try it rather than do the research (yes, really lazy).

Anyway, the agent cleared the Software Distribution\Download, temp and Prefetch folders (I had run Ccleaner beforehand) - and the installation proceeded successfully.

So far no great problems- 2 broken security programs- one needed reinstalling, one now has a licensing problem, and one utility program needed 'Repair' via its installer.

One difficulty- settings for delaying updates used in 1703 were confusing Windows updates in 1709. That needed a registry mod as I couldn't resolve it in group policy in 1709, although I'd used group policy to set the delay in 1703.

Initially 'Pause Updates' in Settings was greyed out until I found the right things in the registry.

That leaves the same problem I had after upgrading from 1607 to 1703- Advanced startup options don't work. Apparently MS has changed its drive numbering system from 1607 to 1703, starting at 0 rather than 1.
    Whether that's indeed related to this problem is unclear, as it's unusual. Anyway, I'll fix that with a fudge tomorrow.

A couple of tweaks and 1709 looks as I've had Windows from Win 8:

MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709 [​IMG]

:)

dalchina, Dec 20, 2017
  2. shiva044 Win User

Error code 0xC0000005 when trying to install Windows 10 version 1709

Error code 0xC0000005 when trying to install Windows 10 version 1709

shiva044, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Steeboo Win User
    windows 10 update

The reason that you are unable to use Windows update is that the actual files, that MS are sending out are CORRUPT !!

I had an MS support operative on my PC yesterday - trying to upgrade me and she admitted this ...

Hopefully MS will fix this shortly ?

Steeboo, Dec 20, 2017
Thema:

MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709

1. MS Support actually solved my 0xc0000005 on trying to upgrade to 1709 - Similar Threads - Support actually solved

2. ms support and ms autoruns

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ms support and ms autoruns: hi guys , how is it possible that the people in the MS support are as useless as they are . my question on this call was/is why is MS autoruns returning no results , ive got the hide hidden files etc unchecked but it returns literally nothing...
  3. How to actually get support?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to actually get support?: So after having issues with my old laptop i finally bite tye bullet ans get a new one. its a HP/windows one and instead of setting up a password i have to connect it to my microsoft account and make a pin. This all seems fine and well and works for about a week but now i get...
  4. Upgrade to 1909 to 1709

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to 1909 to 1709: Good morning, I am trying to track down the patch that'll convert 1709 to 1909. I have tried searching the microsoft site with no luck. Can anyone point me to the patch please? We can't jump to 2004 due to compatibility issues. submitted by /u/heyyouITguy [link]...
  5. Error 0xc0000005 When trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc0000005 When trying to update windows: Please take the time to read through all the solutions ive currently tried i posted any information that may be of use. I have done research and tried many "solutions" to fix this error but none have worked. im currently on Windows 10 version 1909 Specs sheet is right...
  6. Error code 0xc0000005 after trying to update Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc0000005 after trying to update Windows: My computer had to be reset earlier this week and after backing up files and resetting computer it is now not allowing me to update Windows. The usual Settings - Updates & Security tab got an error code. Have downloaded the Windows 10 Update Assistant and been through the...
  7. Cannot upgrade 1709 -> 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade 1709 -> 1909: I have a pretty stable Win10 installation that works without any real issue. Decided to upgrade to the latest version since it is needed for some application. However, there is a problem during upgrade process - after first reboot when progress is still at 0% PC suddenly...
  8. Upgrading from 1709

Upgrading from 1709: I just removed an old HP Laptop with W10 ver 1709 from the closet and tried to update it to 1903. The process failed according to Update History and the machine is still at 1709. Repeated attempts yield the same thing. Is there something I can do to get to 1903 and keep my...
  9. How to actually get support ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to actually get support ?: On Microsoft Support, the thread “Windows 10 Mail App Not Displaying Message Bodies” is locked. It tells me that I already have this problem. Where is the answer, from a thread which is locked and where only users have come up possible answers, although these do seem to be...
  10. Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Upgrade 1709 to 1803: Hello Forum, Thinking about upgrading from 1709 to 1803 version, and I am doing some preparations not to be dependant on being online to upgrade. What I did so far: 1. Downloaded the Win 10 1803 (pro, English) installation file from this site:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Repair my system Zara which is zero XC 0000005