Windows 10: Ms support chat service, procedure changed?

Discus and support Ms support chat service, procedure changed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I have got totally stuck and even this Forum has not helped, I have on a number of occasions got the issue resolved via the MS Support Chat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jul 18, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Ms support chat service, procedure changed?

When I have got totally stuck and even this Forum has not helped, I have on a number of occasions got the issue resolved via the MS Support Chat Service, so I tried this with regard to the total failure of Bluetooth. This time the experience was quite different and not satisfactory. In the past the Chat has been conducted via Chat Windows and sometimes the issue has been sorted by the Tech Advisor taking over control of my PC remotely. Now it seems to be different. The Chat was largely conducted via email which I found slow and confusing, though there was some to and fro between email and a Chat window. Maybe it will improve with experience. There was no offer to take remote control and nothing was achieved, I was just advised to try (from memory) a 'Clean Boot', or was it a 'Repair Boot'?

Before I try again I would welcome an explanation of the fix suggested plus does anyone have any experience of the new arrangement for getting help via a Chat from MS?

:)

clayto, Jul 18, 2020

2. chat

Hi prosnjax,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions! :cathappy:

What is the exact model of your phone? Depending on the model of your phone, you may try these steps to fix the issue.

1. Check that the Internet connection is up and working. If your phone has a WiFi capability, try using the Chat application via WiFi.If it doesn't have WiFi, verify that Data service is working by browsing the mobile web.

2. Are you using a preinstalled Chat application or it was downloaded from the Store?

- If it's a downloaded app, try removing it and redownloading it from the Store.

• For S40 devices, go to Menu, and then
      Applications, and then Extras, select Chat, hit
      Options, and then Remove/ Delete.
    • For Asha Touch phones, go to Menu, and then
      Files, select My Apps, press and hold the
      Chat application, choose Delete.
    • For Lumia devices, from the Start screen, go to the
      App list, Press and hold the Chat application, and then Uninstall.
    • For S60 and Symbian devices, go to Menu, then
      Settings, choose Application Manager, select the
      Chat application, hit Options or press and hold the app, then
      Remove.
    - If it is a preinstalled app, check this link: Basic-Troubleshooting-Steps-For Nokia-Phones

3. Check for software updates. For steps on updating the phone software, check this link: Software-Update-Procedure .

Hope this information helps. :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

poochini21

carlogimenez, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Chat with / Call Microsoft Support not work

Hello, thanks for your reply.

• yes
    • yes
    • Xbox Support
    • Xbox-Website >> Support >> "my Account" >> Chat with Support
    • I'm logged in

Thanks

Cyntherius, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Ms support chat service, procedure changed? - Similar Threads - support chat service

2. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    chat or call ms support: I am trying to call or at least chat with MS support but the webpages and links seem to put me in endless loop -- is there a link/url that a least will start a chat session with a support agent? Thanks...
  3. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chat or call ms support: I am trying to call or at least chat with MS support but the webpages and links seem to put me in endless loop -- is there a link/url that a least will start a chat session with a support agent? Thanks...
  4. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. support chat stuck to an old chat

support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  6. Chatting with MS

Chatting with MS: I've tried all sorts of ways to open up a direct chat with MS tech support to no avail. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chatting-with-ms/760e3de4-235f-4535-ae62-39d7d6506291
  7. Chatting with MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chatting with MS: I've tried all sorts of ways to open up a direct chat with MS tech support to no avail. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chatting-with-ms/760e3de4-235f-4535-ae62-39d7d6506291
  8. MS Chat Support failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Chat Support failure.: I keep receiving the following message when trying to use CHAT... "You are not the owner of the case." I am signed in I think with my "Outlook.com" account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-chat-support-failure/30077816-617d-4dd9-8c0f-1ed06b03112e
  9. change in MS update procedure?

change in MS update procedure?: I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However, updating now one system to 1909 seems to prevent this update to the other system. Message: your device recently got the latest...
  10. change in MS opdate procedure?

change in MS opdate procedure?: I have a dual boot with two W10 systems. All updates, including the 1903 version, were easily performed at both systems independently. However, updating now one system to 1909 seems to prevent this update to the other system. Message: your device recently got the latest...