Windows 10: MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

Discus and support MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, I think version 1903. Pressing the start button does not start the Surface...nothing happens (it is fully charged.) I believe that this may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Mar 21, 2020.

1. flycaster Win User

MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

[COLOR=#000000 !important][/COLOR]Windows 10, I think version 1903.
    Pressing the start button does not start the Surface...nothing happens (it is fully charged.) I believe that this may be due to the computer being stopped while installing the latest update. I didn't knowingly stop it. OR, somehow a faulty download/install process may be the culprit. The computer was installing the latest version of free Ccleaner over a previously install version. The install appeared to be stuck as it's green install line indicator kept on repeating itself and I couldn't kill the process with Process Explorer, so I think I pressed the computer's shut down button. On press the power button after shutting down, I did get the Window's window icon, and then the screen went blank and stayed blank no matter what I tried. Is there any hope?

:)

flycaster, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 21, 2020
  4. MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

1. MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen - Similar Threads - Surface starting black

2. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  3. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book Black Screen: Hello, I’ve recently experienced the black screen after logging into my surface book. I’ve tried the methods listed under: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/sbs/windows/troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors-79bcd941-5c32-5da9-9a99-9ed1a53b0d94I had a black screen...
  4. Surface Book Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  6. Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6 - Flashing Screen: After hours of streaming, my Surface Pro 6 will not boot up properly. I keep getting a flashing screen between my wallpaper and a black screen. Windows does not seem to be loading properly. I just recently installed Windows 11 as in less than a week ago.I am able to start the...
  7. Ms Surface Black screen with cursor

Ms Surface Black screen with cursor: Hi everyone,a client of mine has an MS Surface laptop. The user said that he walked away from the pc for a few minutes and came back to a black screen with only the cursor present. Restarts, shutdowns do nothing. If i login to the admin account on the same machine it works...
  8. Surface Pro 6 Screen is too dim

Surface Pro 6 Screen is too dim: On a recent restart of my surface I noticed that my screen is much dimmer. First I tried to use the brightness bar in the action center but it had greyed out so I couldn't adjust it. I saw on earlier strings someone recommended detaching the keyboard cover and restarting at...
  9. Start menu access on Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu access on Surface Pro 6: Recently I upgraded from Surface Pro 3 to Pro 6. I have a slight problem with the location of the start menu icon. On my Pro 3 there was a haptic start menu button on the right side of the screen, which was very handy in the tablet mode, without the keyboard I'm right-handed....
  10. Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top

Surface Pro 6 full screen has black empty border on top: Hi, I have a surface pro 6. I am watching youtube tv on chrome browser and when I go full screen, I see black border on top and bottom. See image attached. The full screen doesn't extend to bezel of the monitor. This screen behavior is unlike win 10 behavior on my desktop....