Windows 10: Ms Surface Black screen with cursor

Discus and support Ms Surface Black screen with cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,a client of mine has an MS Surface laptop. The user said that he walked away from the pc for a few minutes and came back to a black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peter Tasić, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Ms Surface Black screen with cursor

Hi everyone,a client of mine has an MS Surface laptop. The user said that he walked away from the pc for a few minutes and came back to a black screen with only the cursor present. Restarts, shutdowns do nothing. If i login to the admin account on the same machine it works normally. Ive googled and youtubed the issue, a lot of the solutions include editing things in regedit. Thing is i cant access it. If i use ctrl shift + esc the task manager pops up and instantly freezed. If i use ctrl alt delete and then start task manager it opens up. I then try to open regedit via run task and it throttle

:)

Peter Tasić, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Ms Surface Black screen with cursor [​IMG]

Ms Surface Black screen with cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Apr 30, 2021
  4. jds63 Win User

Ms Surface Black screen with cursor

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Ms Surface Black screen with cursor

1. Ms Surface Black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - Surface Black screen

2. Microsoft Surface: Black screen/cursor after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface: Black screen/cursor after login.: This problem began as soon as I changed my default browser from Edge to Google Chrome. Maybe that has nothing to do with it ... but I'm suspicious.Microsoft SurfaceWhen I restart it, I get the standard Windows sign-in screen. It seems to power up and get to that point...
  3. Microsoft Surface: Black screen/cursor after login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface: Black screen/cursor after login.: This problem began as soon as I changed my default browser from Edge to Google Chrome. Maybe that has nothing to do with it ... but I'm suspicious.Microsoft SurfaceWhen I restart it, I get the standard Windows sign-in screen. It seems to power up and get to that point...
  4. Surface Go 3 black screen and cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Go 3 black screen and cursor after logging in: I'm using Windows 11 Personal. When I power on my device, it goes straight to thw lock screen like usual. When I log in, however, the screen is black with no features other than the cursor. I can perform ni actions. No Start menu, no win+x menu. Nothing. It only booted into...
  5. Surface Go 3 black screen and cursor after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go 3 black screen and cursor after logging in: I'm using Windows 11 Personal. When I power on my device, it goes straight to thw lock screen like usual. When I log in, however, the screen is black with no features other than the cursor. I can perform ni actions. No Start menu, no win+x menu. Nothing. It only booted into...
  6. Black screen with cursor (Microsoft Surface Go 2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor (Microsoft Surface Go 2): Every time I reboot my system, theres always a black screen greeting me with a working cursor. I have to reboot in safe mode and adjust the startup options in msconfig. Any way to fix this permanently? submitted by /u/WeirdInjury0 [link] [comments]...
  7. MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Surface 6 not even starting...black screen: Windows 10, I think version 1903. Pressing the start button does not start the Surface...nothing happens (it is fully charged.) I believe that this may be due to the computer being stopped while installing the latest update. I didn't knowingly stop it. OR, somehow a faulty...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...