Windows 10: MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player

Discus and support MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The DVD player was working but not after a Windows 10 update, Build is 20H2. I tried the Rooful suggested fixes but the instruction may be out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lehua13, Apr 1, 2021.

1. lehua13 Win User

MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player

The DVD player was working but not after a Windows 10 update, Build is 20H2. I tried the Rooful suggested fixes but the instruction may be out of date. The response from the SB3 is "Unknown USB device description request failed Properties. WIndows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code 43, a request for the USB device failed." The fixes don't match what I see in my settings and Device Manager. I need help but I don't know from who. I tried it without the firewall and still gave the same quote. Is there a way to get Windows 10 to be not so picky? What is the best category for this question?

:)

lehua13, Apr 1, 2021

2. Portable external DVD for Surface pro 3

I need to know which compatible portable DVD player to use with my surface pro 3 on windows 10 platform.

I tried a new version Coolead slim 3D aluminium USB 3.0 blu-ray player. Each time I connect through the USB port on my tablet, I get a notification the there is not enough power in the port for the device. Any suggestions?

WintonyeLawson, Apr 1, 2021
  3. ydoushine Win User
    Playing DVD via an External Optical Player

Having a bit of a challenge getting an external optical DVD player to first, get recognized, second access a App to play.

What's the story here ?

Why have MS DVD Player not automatically downloaded to my Surface Pro 3 ?

ydoushine, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Wadda 65 Win User

how do I get my computer to recognize an external dvd player connected with a usb.

I am running windows 10. Have a dvd player with my computer(Internal) not working. I want to use an external DVD player with usb port. How do I get my desktop (hp P7-1154 to recognize the usb external DVD player and not the one internal on computer,
    please. Wadda

Wadda 65, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player - Similar Threads - Surface Book USB

2. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  3. Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roofull cd dvd player works on cd's but won't read DVD.: Roofull A41-su, cd dvd player won't recognize DVD-R, works great on CD's.*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roofull-cd-dvd-player-works-on-cds-but-wont-read/6e352226-c0f5-4b99-8fb7-85985cf5203d
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player

why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player: why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-not-recognize-an-external-usb-dvd/6eb4bd2d-04cc-46a2-912f-448ba0caca8b
  7. why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player: why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-windows-not-recognize-an-external-usb-dvd/6eb4bd2d-04cc-46a2-912f-448ba0caca8b
  8. why does windows not recognize an external usb dvd player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. USB port not recognizing MP3 player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB port not recognizing MP3 player: When I plug in my MP3 player to my desktop USB port to, update the files, it does not show up anywhere. The power light on the MP3 player comes on but nothing else. My USB port if fine with my phone or jump drives....
  10. Adding external webcam to Surface Book 3

Adding external webcam to Surface Book 3: I've reinstalled the logitech software and attached 2 different logitech webcams in every single USB on my laptop Surface Book 3 and restarted my laptop multiple times. My laptop knows the webcams are plugged in because I can see it on device list but all it says under it is...