Windows 10: MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode

Discus and support MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to get into recovery mode. But, instead of booting into recovery mode it reboots.Here are my specs if that's important.Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wowjosh, Jan 18, 2022.

1. wowjosh Win User

MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode

Hello, I'm trying to get into recovery mode. But, instead of booting into recovery mode it reboots.Here are my specs if that's important.Microsoft Surface Go 24GB MemoryIntelR PentiumR CPU 4425Y @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHzWindows 11 64-bit 21H2

:)

wowjosh, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jan 18, 2022
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode

1. MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode - Similar Threads - Surface wont boot

2. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  3. Touch mode on Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch mode on Surface Go 2: I have a Surface Go 2, which for the last couple of years I've happily used with a Brydge Bluetooth keyboard designed specifically for the model as well as the Typecover. The Typecover is great for mobility but the Brydge is much better when you want to use the machine as a...
  4. MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Surface go 2 wont boot into recovery mode: Hello, I'm trying to get into recovery mode. But, instead of booting into recovery mode it reboots.Here are my specs if that's important.Microsoft Surface Go 24GB MemoryIntelR PentiumR CPU 4425Y @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHzWindows 11 64-bit 21H2...
  5. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022: Hello,I have an MS Surface Go 2 w/Windows 10. I installed the HP 1022. I have a friend who has the same MS Surface Go 2, and she was able to install it with no issues. I have tried every possible driver version I can find. I even tried that silly HP Scan Doctor. I spent hours...
  6. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022: Hello,I have an MS Surface Go 2 w/Windows 10. I installed the HP 1022. I have a friend who has the same MS Surface Go 2, and she was able to install it with no issues. I have tried every possible driver version I can find. I even tried that silly HP Scan Doctor. I spent hours...
  7. MS Surface Go 2 w/HP 1022

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. the store wont let me purchase a Surface Go 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    the store wont let me purchase a Surface Go 2: I've contacted support twice till now, and each time its something in my profile. i have a balance sufficient to buy the Surface go 2 and pay for the sale tax in my state. but every time i click place order , it tells me that "oops we have a problem processing your payment!...
  9. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  10. YouTube on MS Surface Go

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    YouTube on MS Surface Go: Hi all I have found the YouTube app to download from the Win appstore but it sends me somewhere else to authorise the download, that is when it looses me because the page is in my account with all my devises and nowhere a download button or anything like it to be found. Any...