Windows 10: Ms sync theme question

Discus and support Ms sync theme question in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place but here it is... I’m logged into my account with ms account and syncing is on In my add Data / local / windows /... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Steven Campoli, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Ms sync theme question

Not sure if this is the right place but here it is...
    I’m logged into my account with ms account and syncing is on

In my add Data / local / windows / themes theirs my synced roamed themes and wallpapers

I updated and replaced all the wallpapers and this folder is still showing old wallpapers, this is my principle laptop and it’s still showing the old wallpapers, shouldn’t it sync to all devices including the one I’m using ?

:)

Steven Campoli, Dec 13, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Synced Theme

Try this:

1. Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    2. Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    3. On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    4. Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    5. Now see if there are any differences.
    6. If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    desktop themes syncing

*Thumbs

I learned in the very beginning of Win10, to turn off theme syncing,
    as my VM's, laptop and main desktop would have different themes depending on when the system was last booted,
    and the last time they sync'd.,
    The syncing was causing corruptions in current theme used.

Cliff S, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Ms sync theme question

"Synced Theme" question

After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed
    it incase there was some issue with it being an older theme and configured it manually on both of them thinking that it will regenerate a new synced theme whenever it does it (its been years since I last messed with it, and I think I remember changes not being
    instant, but instead on some kind of long occasional sync check timer).

Will windows actually create a new synced theme if the old was removed? I tried forcing it by disabling and re enabling the global sync settings, to no avail. I think I remember removing it before on a machine and it eventually regenerated (probably whenever
    the schedule to sync happened) but I cant remember for sure. I'm assuming if it was some key component to being able to sync themes it wouldn't of been removable just like any other theme?

It's no big deal since i'm just curious.

BaronKrause, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Ms sync theme question

1. Ms sync theme question - Similar Threads - sync theme question

2. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sync Theme?: Hello,Im trying to sync the theme to my 3 - 4 laptops One will be done soon and my "Sync your settings" say theme is synced but its not synced on my 2 computers? Is there another way?Many ThanksSummer...
  3. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sync Theme?: Hello,Im trying to sync the theme to my 3 - 4 laptops One will be done soon and my "Sync your settings" say theme is synced but its not synced on my 2 computers? Is there another way?Many ThanksSummer...
  4. How to sync Theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Syncing themes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  6. Theme keeps syncing

Theme keeps syncing: Hi guys! There's a problem with my Microsoft account and that's because the theme keeps syncing even though I told it not to sync. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/theme-keeps-syncing/d51a30fb-7178-479c-aa14-18ea45fa7d1f
  7. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  8. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...
  9. Theme question

Theme question: Are the pictures that make up themes accessible individually like they were in Win7? In the personalization/theme window in Win7 one could choose one of the pictures in a theme and use that for a background. I haven't figured out a way to find those in Win10. It seems like in...
  10. desktop themes syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop themes syncing: Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive. As I did that something...