Windows 10: MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

Discus and support MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; At work I have a Dell notebook that came with Windows 10. I am using a Bose NC700 headset that worked wonderfully with Windows 10. We are using MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelCzcz, Mar 31, 2023.

1. MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

At work I have a Dell notebook that came with Windows 10. I am using a Bose NC700 headset that worked wonderfully with Windows 10. We are using MS Teams for online meetings and making phone calls. Then IT updated my notebook to Windows 11 and since then I can still use my headset as palin headphones, but each time when I want to connect to a Teams meeting or make a call, both Teams and the Windows sound service are crashing. Also, since the update I cannot open any links that I get via email in Outlook, Teams, or that are in Word documents etc.What's going on here?

:)

MichaelCzcz, Mar 31, 2023
  2. dgintz Win User

Getting sound from Bose AE2 Soundlink headset

OK, having the same problem - BUT GOT IT FIXED. The steps below should only have to be executed once, but you may have to do them again if you update the bluetooth driver (not really sure of this) Here's how I did it:

• Correct "Services" settings
      • Image of services
        MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. 26a9581d-d2c2-48e1-afb6-5b0ea4fc3e58.jpg
      • In search-bar/Cortana, enter "services"
      • Find "Bluetooth Handsfree Service" (Status was blank/off) - select/highlight this line
      • Double-click that line to open settings for "Bluetooth Handsfree Service"
      • Change "Start-up Type" to "Automatic" (service will start auto AT NEXT REBOOT)
      • In top-left pane of "Services", click "Start" to get the services started
    • Pair Bose with Laptop (bluetooth)
      • The status sequence may say "Paired, Connected, Paired" - this is what it did to me and I got it working using these steps, so not sure if "Connected" is the final state in all situations - mine says "Connected" in the bluetooth "show devices" when the
        headset is on, and "Paired" when the headset is turned off
    • Setup Bose in Devices and Printers

• In search-bar/Cortana, enter "devices and printers"
    • Open Devices/Printers control panel
    • Find/select Bose headset
    • Image -
      MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. 71c06f14-fd5c-4aab-933c-3169f093120e.jpg
    • Double-click Bose headset to open settings
    • Image -
      MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. f90c6ffb-83f5-4c41-a051-8b7099f1a9f7.jpg
    • Locate "Music and Audio" section - click "Connect" (sound should now come in your headset)
    • Close dialogs
    • Verify Bose installed as a Playback Device
      • Right-click System-Tray/Speaker icon
      • Select Playback Devices
      • Image -
        MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. 939dab82-2b89-4bef-99f5-6375880a0605.jpg
      • You should see Headset enabled and selected.
      • Turn off headset
      • You should see Headset dim and not selected
      • Turn on headset
      • You should once again see Headset enabled and selected.

If the above steps do not get your headset connected and working, verify you have the latest bluetooth drivers from your computer's manufacturer website (call their service/support desk to get them if need be). Once you have installed those, try the above
    steps again.

dgintz, Mar 31, 2023
  3. Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth problem

Hi Yosef Persin,

Based on the information you have provided, it seems like the Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset is already connected since it is showing from Devices and Printers. I suggest that you set the Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset as your default playback
    and recording device. To do this follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the volume icon from the System tray on the lower right side of your desktop.
    2. Choose Playback devices.
    3. Go to Playback tab, select Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset (driver) and then click
      Set Default.
    4. Click Apply and then hit OK.
    5. Go to Recording tab, select Bose QuietControl 30 Bluetooth headset (driver) and then click
      Set Default.
    6. Click Apply and then hit OK.
    7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 31, 2023
  4. askman Win User

MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams.

When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset is also available under Sounds > Recording so I am assuming that this is the microphone element of my Bluetooth headphones.

When I start MS Teams, audio only works if the headset is selected for both Speaker and Microphone under the options in MS Teams, however the audio quality is terrible when listening with the headset as the active device.

I had resolved this by disabling the headset under Sounds > Playback, but this stops any audio working in MS teams.

I could deal with the poor quality if it was only the audio from the MS Teams call but when I set the headset as the speaker device in Teams it stops any other applications from using the headphones device.

askman, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

1. MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset. - Similar Threads - Teams sound service

2. MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.: At work I have a Dell notebook that came with Windows 10. I am using a Bose NC700 headset that worked wonderfully with Windows 10. We are using MS Teams for online meetings and making phone calls. Then IT updated my notebook to Windows 11 and since then I can still use my...
  3. Bose QC45 not working with MS Teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose QC45 not working with MS Teams: Hi, I have purchased a Bose QC45 recently. It doesnt work with MS Teams, I didnt had initially but for some reason it stopped working. There are 2 options when connected Stereo and Audio. Tried both the options, with selecting the sterio option, I can hear the sounds while...
  4. Bose QC45 not working with MS Teams

Bose QC45 not working with MS Teams: Hi, I have purchased a Bose QC45 recently. It doesnt work with MS Teams, I didnt had initially but for some reason it stopped working. There are 2 options when connected Stereo and Audio. Tried both the options, with selecting the sterio option, I can hear the sounds while...
  5. Bose QC45 not working with MS Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. MS TEAMS sound problem

MS TEAMS sound problem: Teams (via Edge) has almost ceased to work, because nothing I say in a meeting is heard by other members of the Team . Last session I had to use hand signals and hold up notes with Yes / No / Ok on them, to participate! I can hear other participants but they cannot hear me....
  7. MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset: I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and MS Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 64 bit on a ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop. Teams has been a **** in terms of audio. Everything works fine with my headset, webex, zoom, gotowebinar, skype, youtube, spotify. But MS Teams is a...
  8. Windows crash when connecting bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crash when connecting bluetooth headset: Every time I connect my bluetooth headset windows crashes. it is Bluetooth usb adapter DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL What failed: BthAvrcp.sys What I already tried: - Deleting bluetooth drivers and restarting my pc - Resetting my pc my dump: My MiniDump...
  9. Windows crash when connecting bluetooth headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows crash when connecting bluetooth headset: Every time I connect my bluetooth headset windows crashes. I use a usb adapter but I have no idea wich brand. DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL What failed: BthAvrcp.sys What I already tried: - Deleting bluetooth drivers and restarting my pc - Resetting my pc How can...
  10. No sound when I use headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound when I use headset: I use a headset and have a problem because my partner can’t hear me when I am calling him or her. But I hear sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-i-use-headset/7884c237-e471-4307-8a3b-4cdffaf85b95