Windows 10: MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

Discus and support MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and MS Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 64 bit on a ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop. Teams has been a **** in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ciro Vivacqua, Dec 9, 2020.

1. MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and MS Teams Version 1.3.00.30866 64 bit on a ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop. Teams has been a **** in terms of audio. Everything works fine with my headset, webex, zoom, gotowebinar, skype, youtube, spotify. But MS Teams is a problem, sometimes restarting my PC after joining a call makes the sound works, but that's not always the case. The incoming sound is very broken and the mic seems to not always work. It has been worse since I got the latest version of the client.

As Teams is a mandatory tool for my day-to-day work and I was having issues before, I decided to reset my pc over the weekend and have everything brand new in the hope of getting it fixed. I must say that I reset my PC ONLY because Teams camera wasn't working before. And, to my surprise, now the camera won't be recognised from time to time, but the incoming sound is cracking and the mic not always work.

:)

Ciro Vivacqua, Dec 9, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset :p

cadaveca, Dec 9, 2020
  3. aikimich Win User
    Getting sound with bluetooth headset

HI, I have bluetooth Samsung Gear Circle headset and a SoundBlaster Jam bluetooth headset. Both pair fine, both connect fine. No sound. They do not show up in "Select Device Playback". (Speakers and USB headphones show up in that list). I know that
    they both worked at one time or another, but not this time. Am I missing a step?

aikimich, Dec 9, 2020
  4. askman Win User

MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

Issues with Bluetooth headphones and microphone in Microsoft teams

I have a pair of Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphones with inbuilt microphone which don't seem to be operating correctly with Microsoft Teams.

When I turn on the PC and headphones, I have two devices shown under Sounds > Playback - headphones and headset. The headset is also available under Sounds > Recording so I am assuming that this is the microphone element of my Bluetooth headphones.

When I start MS Teams, audio only works if the headset is selected for both Speaker and Microphone under the options in MS Teams, however the audio quality is terrible when listening with the headset as the active device.

I had resolved this by disabling the headset under Sounds > Playback, but this stops any audio working in MS teams.

I could deal with the poor quality if it was only the audio from the MS Teams call but when I set the headset as the speaker device in Teams it stops any other applications from using the headphones device.

askman, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset

1. MS Teams broken sound on Bluetooth headset - Similar Threads - Teams broken sound

2. MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.: At work I have a Dell notebook that came with Windows 10. I am using a Bose NC700 headset that worked wonderfully with Windows 10. We are using MS Teams for online meetings and making phone calls. Then IT updated my notebook to Windows 11 and since then I can still use my...
  3. MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams and Windows sound service crashing when using Bose BlueTooth headset.: At work I have a Dell notebook that came with Windows 10. I am using a Bose NC700 headset that worked wonderfully with Windows 10. We are using MS Teams for online meetings and making phone calls. Then IT updated my notebook to Windows 11 and since then I can still use my...
  4. bluetooth headset distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth headset distorted sound: So i have a JBL tune 500bt.The Stereo profile work fine, but the Hand-Free AG one is distorted and sound like it was 4bit. i don't have that issue my phoneI have an other bt headset, I don't have that issue with that one.i tried close to everyting....
  5. bluetooth headset distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset distorted sound: So i have a JBL tune 500bt.The Stereo profile work fine, but the Hand-Free AG one is distorted and sound like it was 4bit. i don't have that issue my phoneI have an other bt headset, I don't have that issue with that one.i tried close to everyting....
  6. Bluetooth Headset is not working with Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth Headset is not working with Microsoft Teams: [ATTACH]In this article, we will see what you should do if you find your Bluetooth headset is not working with Microsoft Teams. Some users are getting sound disturbances while using a headset during a Teams call, whereas, some cannot hear the members in a Teams meeting. Some...
  7. MS TEAMS sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS TEAMS sound problem: Teams (via Edge) has almost ceased to work, because nothing I say in a meeting is heard by other members of the Team . Last session I had to use hand signals and hold up notes with Yes / No / Ok on them, to participate! I can hear other participants but they cannot hear me....
  8. Incompatibility Issues with Microsoft Teams and Bluetooth Headsets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompatibility Issues with Microsoft Teams and Bluetooth Headsets: When will Microsoft fix all Audio issues with Microsoft Teams. Several headsets including the Beats Wireless Headsets do not work properly with Microsoft Teams. You can connect these headsets to a Windows 10 Laptop successfully and open up Windows Music Player and play music...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound

Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound: Hello all, So, I've seen some issues that people have been having with getting their bluetooth connected period, not getting sound out of their headphones once connected or even having sound until they launch something, in which, I've had those issues as well, but worked it...
  10. Headset Bluetooth sound Problem

Headset Bluetooth sound Problem: Please help me with this. After I unchecked the "handsfree telephony" box in the properties for my headset because I want to improve the sound quality. But the sound suddenly stopped instead. I tried checking back the box of the "handsfree telephony" but it says "the...