Windows 10: MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

Discus and support MS Teams - Camera Not Detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I work as an IT Support Tech. and recently I've been getting many users where the camera is suddenly "undetected" in MS Teams. If I go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonBdoesIT, May 14, 2020.

1. MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

Hello,

I work as an IT Support Tech. and recently I've been getting many users where the camera is suddenly "undetected" in MS Teams.

If I go into the privacy->camera settings - Camera access is enabled but MS Teams is not listed as one of the applications with a toggle switch.

I've tried running the PowerShell Admin command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCamera Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

With no luck.

I've also tried uninstalling it in device manager and rebooting but this also doesn't bring back the camera function in Teams. Neither does any Windows updates, or anything else I've tried from searching these forums/online.

The one commonality I've found is that this is happening on HP EliteBook 840 G3's and I haven't yet had it happen with the other PC's used by my company Lenovo Thinkpad T480.

I can resolve the issue by setting up another PC of the same model HP - which will then be running the same version of Windows 1809 OS Build - 17763 and the same version of Teams 1.3.00.12058 64-bit - Updated on 5/5/2020 so I'm kind of at a loss as to what's happening. Any ideas?

Much appreciated, thank you!

:)

BrandonBdoesIT, May 14, 2020

2. camera in microsoft teams

Hello kathiNDSS,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Expert and a Windows/Teams User like you. First lets try to make sure that the MS TEAMS Camera is enabled by going to the Settings.

* Click your Profile Picture on the Upper Right corner of the Screen and got to Settings.

* Click DEVICES and below you will going to see the drop down for your Camera.

* Try to make sure that the camera's Permission is also Enabled by clicking the Permissions under settings as well.

Please get back to me if the above steps did not work so I can try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, May 14, 2020
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 14, 2020
  4. boardtc Win User

MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

Can the camera work in both Teams Windows App & WebApp?

I have teams working as my Windows 10 App, works with the built-in webcam. So, if you go into Settings, Devices is listed and you can preview the camera.

I run a second instance of teams in the Chrome browser for a different id. If I go into Teams Settings via the browser there is no devices listed and when I start a chat I get a message saying no camera detected.

Why is their no devices showing for the browser app for me? I have quit the Teams App and shut it down from the tray and refeshed the webapp but it stil has not shown up.

Can both work together?

boardtc, May 14, 2020
Thema:

MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

1. MS Teams - Camera Not Detected - Similar Threads - Teams Camera Detected

2. My microphone and camera not detected in Zoom but detected in Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone and camera not detected in Zoom but detected in Teams: Hello...I have an issue with my microphone and camera while meeting in Zoom. Zoom can not detect my microphone and camera but my microphone and camera work in Teams.I tried to uninstall zoom and install it again by sending a meeting invitation so zoom installed in my machine,...
  3. MS Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams: Does anybody else find the endless frequent changes to the MS Teams GUI to be irritating. We often share screens, and the GUI has (largely cosmetically) changed at least three times in a year, so you get used to one way an a few weeks later, it has changed. All these multiple...
  4. MS Teams

MS Teams: Hello MS team, I have connected my Bose QC35 headphones updated with latest software to my laptop via bluetooth. In MS teams I selected Audio Devices > Custom, Speaker > Bose Stereo, however in the Microphone list I dont see my Bose Stereo headphones? Speaker is working...
  5. Camera with Teams

Camera with Teams: Hi I am using Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro and have been using Teams for over a year perfectly great software. Today I turned off the video during a meeting as internet connect was poor. When I tried to turn it back on I got a black screen. The camera works I tested in...
  6. About the camera on Windows 10 and MS Teams

About the camera on Windows 10 and MS Teams: Hello there! My camera on my Windows 10 is working it has LED lights on when its turned on, no error msgs, nothing, but the screen disagrees: [ATTACH] It displays this. Please help me!...
  7. MS Team camera freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Team camera freezes: Every time I use teams, my camera works for a bit, then freezes. I have a laptop Microsoft Surface which is only a month old. How can I get the camera to stop freezing?...
  8. Teams Camera Issue

Teams Camera Issue: I have been using the web app for teams. I finally got the desktop app on there but having issues with the camera. Before I join a call, I can see the camera works in the preview section when choosing a device. However, when I am in the call, it goes off again. I click on the...
  9. camera in microsoft teams

camera in microsoft teams: when I accept a conference call my camera is not available but if I sign in from an invite in my email it does. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-in-microsoft-teams/aff9926d-8e99-4398-909a-424778329db9
  10. ms teams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms teams: how doi delete downloaded files from ms teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-teams/2050ece5-e872-4c4a-a892-0f6a22efa529

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Add-AppxPacakage disable development mode Teams camera

2. teams cannot see my camera

3. No available camera found Teams with external guest

4. unable to operate camera in teams,
  5. camera is not on in teams no preview,
  6. why does my camera not work in teams,
  7. integrated camera not working on teams,
  8. ms teams video not working,
  9. teams camera test,
  10. microsoft teams no available camera found,
  11. how do i get teams to access my camera,