Windows 10: MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Discus and support MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hey all. So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fenrir0wulf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Hey all.

So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning with it, our usage of it's functions is still quite limited. With that said, it seems to us that Teams itself is rather limited in it's options and settings. We've just created a Team for all-around use with everyone in it, and some channels for company wide announcements (smaller teams are coming).

Now the thing is, when creating the Team, the default notification setting for the channels is set to Personnalized/Disabled. What we want is to have the important announcement channels to be set to receive all always for everyone.
    What we would like to do is have some way of changing this setting for everyone in the company without us having to go on every single computer and changing it manually for everyone, especially considering that there is always at least half the company working remotely.

So, is there a way, by GPO or admin panel or something to forcibly change channel notification settings to receive the notifications instead of it being disabled, for everyone / every account, for specific channels (and icing on the cake if they can't disable it).

Thanks

:)

fenrir0wulf, Jul 21, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

I'm not an Admin, just user, so not familiar with setting up general settings.

.. but turning on all notifications could be very annoying - you can never know how active would some users be.

If you want to make an announcement, you already have a tool - mentions.

MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone [​IMG]

3. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Hey all.

So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning with it, our usage of it's functions is still quite limited. With that said, it seems to us that Teams itself is rather limited in it's options and settings. We've just created a Team for all-around use with everyone in it, and some channels for company wide announcements (smaller teams are coming).

Now the thing is, when creating the Team, the default notification setting for the channels is set to Personnalized/Disabled. What we want is to have the important announcement channels to be set to receive all always for everyone.
    What we would like to do is have some way of changing this setting for everyone in the company without us having to go on every single computer and changing it manually for everyone, especially considering that there is always at least half the company working remotely.

So, is there a way, by GPO or admin panel or something to forcibly change channel notification settings to receive the notifications instead of it being disabled, for everyone / every account, for specific channels (and icing on the cake if they can't disable it).

Thanks

4. AndreTen Win User

Mentions, and don't forget about scheduled meetings announcements. Invitations are going directly to user's email.

Will try to check with Teams free, if I can set anything on MS's side. Don't dare to check this on my business channels *Wink

Thema:

1. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone - Similar Threads - Teams Force default

2. MS TEAMS Vocabulary issue : where is the "Stage area" in MS TEAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS TEAMS Vocabulary issue : where is the "Stage area" in MS TEAMS: Hi, Could you tell me where is the "Stage area" which is often mentioned in the books? Thanks and regards [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-teams-vocabulary-issue-where-is-the-stage-area/60abae2c-5803-424d-a658-451bab6497bb
  3. MS Teams - Camera Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Teams - Camera Not Detected: Hello, I work as an IT Support Tech. and recently I've been getting many users where the camera is suddenly "undetected" in MS Teams. If I go into the privacy->camera settings - Camera access is enabled but MS Teams is not listed as one of the applications with a toggle...
  4. MS Team camera freezes

MS Team camera freezes: Every time I use teams, my camera works for a bit, then freezes. I have a laptop Microsoft Surface which is only a month old. How can I get the camera to stop freezing?...
  5. Powershell and MS Teams

Powershell and MS Teams: I have an issue where I'm trying to test the deployment of a powershell script via GPO through Windows Server 2012R2 Standard. This script is for the installation of MS Teams which is found here....
  6. ms teams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms teams: how doi delete downloaded files from ms teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-teams/2050ece5-e872-4c4a-a892-0f6a22efa529
  7. MS Teams freezes when Joining a video meeting and needs to be force quit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Teams freezes when Joining a video meeting and needs to be force quit: This appears to be a problem that appears in this community with no answer. It happens regulalry and needs a reboot. What is interesting is BEFORE it crashed the first time, I could launch MS teams, navigate around but it froze once I tried joining a meeting. The in...
  8. MS Forcing an update and reboot

MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  9. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105
  10. How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set A Default View Setting For A ".search-ms" Extension: Hello, So I practically have most of my folders that contain all types of files set up for the Details view setting. (if you right click in a folder -> View -> Details) I set all those adjustments through the Folder Options window. Yet when I open a Saved Search File...