Windows 10: MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Discus and support MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hey all. So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by fenrir0wulf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Hey all.

So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning with it, our usage of it's functions is still quite limited. With that said, it seems to us that Teams itself is rather limited in it's options and settings. We've just created a Team for all-around use with everyone in it, and some channels for company wide announcements (smaller teams are coming).

Now the thing is, when creating the Team, the default notification setting for the channels is set to Personnalized/Disabled. What we want is to have the important announcement channels to be set to receive all always for everyone.
    What we would like to do is have some way of changing this setting for everyone in the company without us having to go on every single computer and changing it manually for everyone, especially considering that there is always at least half the company working remotely.

So, is there a way, by GPO or admin panel or something to forcibly change channel notification settings to receive the notifications instead of it being disabled, for everyone / every account, for specific channels (and icing on the cake if they can't disable it).

Thanks

:)

fenrir0wulf, Jul 21, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User

MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

I'm not an Admin, just user, so not familiar with setting up general settings.

.. but turning on all notifications could be very annoying - you can never know how active would some users be.

If you want to make an announcement, you already have a tool - mentions.

MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 4, 2020
  3. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone

Hey all.

So, here at the company we started to use Teams much more proactively since the pandemic stuff. However, because we're still only beginning with it, our usage of it's functions is still quite limited. With that said, it seems to us that Teams itself is rather limited in it's options and settings. We've just created a Team for all-around use with everyone in it, and some channels for company wide announcements (smaller teams are coming).

Now the thing is, when creating the Team, the default notification setting for the channels is set to Personnalized/Disabled. What we want is to have the important announcement channels to be set to receive all always for everyone.
    What we would like to do is have some way of changing this setting for everyone in the company without us having to go on every single computer and changing it manually for everyone, especially considering that there is always at least half the company working remotely.

So, is there a way, by GPO or admin panel or something to forcibly change channel notification settings to receive the notifications instead of it being disabled, for everyone / every account, for specific channels (and icing on the cake if they can't disable it).

Thanks

fenrir0wulf, Aug 4, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Mentions, and don't forget about scheduled meetings announcements. Invitations are going directly to user's email.

Will try to check with Teams free, if I can set anything on MS's side. Don't dare to check this on my business channels *Wink

AndreTen, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Teams: Force default notification settings for everyone - Similar Threads - Teams Force default

2. Ms Teams Improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Teams Improvement: Hello, is there a chance to improve Microsoft Teams' meeting using visuals that can be configured by the organizer? Meaning a meeting of 1 hour with 45 minutes Green Frame, last 10 min Orange Frame & last 5 min Red Frame.. Ensuring that colors can be useful for wrap up or...
  3. Ms Teams Improvement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Teams Improvement: Hello, is there a chance to improve Microsoft Teams' meeting using visuals that can be configured by the organizer? Meaning a meeting of 1 hour with 45 minutes Green Frame, last 10 min Orange Frame & last 5 min Red Frame.. Ensuring that colors can be useful for wrap up or...
  4. MS Teams help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Teams help!!!: I need to add a phone number to a pre-existing meeting that has been sent out. How do I do this? Also, no.... The answers I received online didn't help, so don't tell me to find them there. I want to speak to a person....
  5. MS Teams help!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Teams help!!!: I need to add a phone number to a pre-existing meeting that has been sent out. How do I do this? Also, no.... The answers I received online didn't help, so don't tell me to find them there. I want to speak to a person....
  6. MS Teams

MS Teams: Does anybody else find the endless frequent changes to the MS Teams GUI to be irritating. We often share screens, and the GUI has (largely cosmetically) changed at least three times in a year, so you get used to one way an a few weeks later, it has changed. All these multiple...
  7. MS Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Teams: Hello MS team, I have connected my Bose QC35 headphones updated with latest software to my laptop via bluetooth. In MS teams I selected Audio Devices > Custom, Speaker > Bose Stereo, however in the Microphone list I dont see my Bose Stereo headphones? Speaker is working...
  8. Installing MS Teams

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing MS Teams: I am trying to install Teams but am going round in circles. I get a message that my organisation has already installed it but I cannot access it. I don't know which email has been used or the password. I am also not part of an organisation, just an individual at home. Hope...
  9. ms teams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms teams: how doi delete downloaded files from ms teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-teams/2050ece5-e872-4c4a-a892-0f6a22efa529
  10. Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?

Changing default settings for MS Wordpad?: Is there some way to change the default settings for MS Word in Win10? Specifically, I would the following to be default: Line spacing: 1.00 Add 10 pt space after paragraph (FALSE) Word wrap: Wrap to window 77105