Windows 10: MS Teams - not able to upload files

Discus and support MS Teams - not able to upload files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've registered for a free MS Teams setup in the Netherlands for my small company. That all worked well, but when i start up MS Teams it seems I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mook_744, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Mook_744 Win User

MS Teams - not able to upload files

I've registered for a free MS Teams setup in the Netherlands for my small company. That all worked well, but when i start up MS Teams it seems I cannot upload any files, the options are simply not there in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or was the setup not 100% completed by Microsoft?

:)

Mook_744, Mar 20, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Mar 20, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Teams - not able to upload files - Similar Threads - Teams able upload

2. Ms Teams Improvement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ms Teams Improvement: Hello, is there a chance to improve Microsoft Teams' meeting using visuals that can be configured by the organizer? Meaning a meeting of 1 hour with 45 minutes Green Frame, last 10 min Orange Frame & last 5 min Red Frame.. Ensuring that colors can be useful for wrap up or...
  3. MS Teams help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Teams help!!!: I need to add a phone number to a pre-existing meeting that has been sent out. How do I do this? Also, no.... The answers I received online didn't help, so don't tell me to find them there. I want to speak to a person....
  4. MS Teams help!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Teams help!!!: I need to add a phone number to a pre-existing meeting that has been sent out. How do I do this? Also, no.... The answers I received online didn't help, so don't tell me to find them there. I want to speak to a person....
  5. MS Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Teams: Does anybody else find the endless frequent changes to the MS Teams GUI to be irritating. We often share screens, and the GUI has (largely cosmetically) changed at least three times in a year, so you get used to one way an a few weeks later, it has changed. All these multiple...
  6. Microsoft Teams file upload problem

Microsoft Teams file upload problem: To upload files to teams, I select a channel -> files->upload Teams used to show all the files in my computer. And I could select required files and upload them. But for one week now, Teams shows only Downloads folder from which to select the files. My files are in different...
  7. MS Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Teams: Hello MS team, I have connected my Bose QC35 headphones updated with latest software to my laptop via bluetooth. In MS teams I selected Audio Devices > Custom, Speaker > Bose Stereo, however in the Microphone list I dont see my Bose Stereo headphones? Speaker is working...
  8. Why wont my files upload in Teams?

Why wont my files upload in Teams?: I made a new meeting in the Teams Calendar. After making the meeting I double-clicked on the meeting in the calendar. Then when I click on files I am able to upload files or drag and drop. Once I drag and drop or upload files, it just continuously says it's uploading the file...
  9. MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT TEAMS cannot upload files in assignment section: Whenever i try to upload a bat file in assignments i get this message sorry this potentially unsafe file type cannot be specified for Turn in How do i resolve this issue...
  10. ms teams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms teams: how doi delete downloaded files from ms teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-teams/2050ece5-e872-4c4a-a892-0f6a22efa529