Windows 10: MS To-do - displaying in desktop background

Discus and support MS To-do - displaying in desktop background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I use MS to-do with windows 10. I am looking for a solution to get my to-do's always visible when I log in. Not having to go and open the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RCBLxrx, Apr 30, 2019.

1. RCBLxrx Win User

MS To-do - displaying in desktop background

hello,

I use MS to-do with windows 10. I am looking for a solution to get my to-do's always visible when I log in. Not having to go and open the MS todo app.

Ideally, I would be able to get my tasks to display in the desktop background. Is this possible?

Thank you

:)

RCBLxrx, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Misiowiec Win User

Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Desktop background disappeared, error "ms-settingMS To-do - displaying in desktop background :personalization-backgound".

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with desktop background after updating Windows. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the issue specific while setting a particular desktop background?
    • When exactly you get this error message?
    • Did the issue started after installing Windows Update or upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect display settings.
    • Corrupt display driver.
    I suggest you to install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 display driver is not available in the manufacturer website, I would suggest you to install the driver
    in compatibility mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode
    follow these steps:

a. Download the latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. MS To-do - displaying in desktop background - Similar Threads - displaying desktop background

2. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?: Good Day,I have a slideshow of a folder of pictures selected as my desktop background. How can I have the image Title not filename and Subject , as contained in the file properties, to display on the desktop with the image?...
  3. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?: Good Day,I have a slideshow of a folder of pictures selected as my desktop background. How can I have the image Title not filename and Subject , as contained in the file properties, to display on the desktop with the image?...
  4. How do I get my Desktop Background to display image properties?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. background and display

background and display: how do I make it so that both of my screens have differ backgrounds and how do i make both my displays my main displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-and-display/f933ec0b-af15-4427-b339-ccec1e19b911
  6. display background

display background: please help. Yesterday, and i don't know how, but all of a sudden my background was a snapshot of my desktop. In the upper left-hand corner I notice it says 2 of 4. the toolbar on the bottom of my screen is fake. It goes with the screen shot and shows the shopping bag...
  7. how do i change my desktop background display

how do i change my desktop background display: how do I change my desktop background display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-desktop-background-display/6ecc30a6-5f6c-46df-bf78-9aa678c63093
  8. Display background

Display background: With two displays can each have a different background. How is this done please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-background/fe019403-45e8-4aca-863a-9ad49d729b73
  9. desktop background image will not display

desktop background image will not display: had windows 7. now have windows 10. the start menu shows small version of correct desktop image I have chosen (family picture) but on the desktop it is black background. I can change the desktop image and it will remain black, yet the start menu image WILL change. so why...
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...