Windows 10: MS Unveils Two Secret Data Centers Built for Classified Gov't Data

Discus and support MS Unveils Two Secret Data Centers Built for Classified Gov't Data in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is building data centers and expanding security capabilities to compete with Amazon to host sensitive government data. Microsoft unveiled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by mta3006, Apr 18, 2019.

1. mta3006 Win User

MS Unveils Two Secret Data Centers Built for Classified Gov't Data

more: https://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tec...t-data/156376/

(Please pardon the crude formatting - first news post, not a HTML scholar...) *Redface

:)

mta3006, Apr 18, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

HP Unveils Architecture for First Net Zero Energy Data Center

HP today unveiled research from HP Labs, the company's central research arm, that illustrates the architecture for a data center that requires no net energy from traditional power grids.

The research shows how the architecture, combined with holistic energy-management techniques, enables organizations to cut total power usage by 30 percent, as well as dependence on grid power and costs by more than 80 percent.

MS Unveils Two Secret Data Centers Built for Classified Gov't Data 234a_thm.jpg

With the HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center research, HP aims to provide businesses and societies around the world the potential to operate data centers using local renewable resources, removing dependencies such as location, energy supply and costs. This opens up the possibility of introducing IT services to organizations of all sizes.

"Information technology has the power to be an equalizer across societies globally, but the cost of IT services, and by extension the cost of energy, is prohibitive and inhibits widespread adoption," said Cullen Bash, distinguished technologist, HP, and interim director, Sustainable Ecosystems Research Group, HP Labs. "The HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center not only aims to minimize the environmental impact of computing, but also has a goal of reducing energy costs associated with data-center operations to extend the reach of IT accessibility globally."

HP Labs researchers describe the HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center architecture, which precisely matches energy supply with energy demand required by the IT workload, in the research paper "Towards the Design and Operation of Net-Zero Energy Data Centers," to be presented tomorrow at IEEE's 13th annual Intersociety Conference on Thermal and Thermomechanical Phenomena in Electrical Systems. The sustainable data center at HP Labs headquarters in Palo Alto, Calif., has served as the initial "test bed" for building this game-changing blueprint.

The HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center architecture integrates energy and cooling supply from local renewable sources, with a novel demand-management approach that allows the scheduling of IT workloads based on resource availability and performance requirements.

For example, noncritical, delay-tolerant workloads could be scheduled during daylight hours to coincide with solar supply for data centers equipped with photovoltaic energy generation. In this way, demand can be "shaped" according to resource availability to reduce reliance on nonrenewable resources. As a result, organizations can lower overall data-center costs -- from capital investment in upfront infrastructure technology to the operational costs of workload execution -- enabling more customers to take advantage of IT services.

The architecture for net-zero energy
    The HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center is based on an innovative management architecture that integrates energy and cooling resources with IT workload planning through four modules:
    • Prediction Module: Leverages powerful predictive analytics software to forecast the availability and cost of critical resources, such as renewable energy and IT workload demand.
    • Planning Module: Delivers an optimization algorithm that balances workload scheduling with high-level operational goals, such as achieving net-zero energy operation, enabling organizations to schedule workloads based on resource availability, while meeting data-center operational goals.
    • Execution Module: Enables organizations to manage workload and energy consumption in real time according to performance requirements and data-center operational objectives.
    • Verification and Reporting Module: Identifies and remediates misalignment between the plan and execution, ensuring plan accuracy.
    As part of the HP Open Innovation initiative, the Prediction Model leverages technologies developed by HP Labs in conjunction with Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, Va.) and the University of Limerick (Ireland).

Delivering innovation to the business
    The HP Enterprise Group plans to further develop the HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center technology in collaboration with other HP divisions through the HP Moonshot Discovery Lab initiative and an HP EcoPOD that is part of the Discovery Lab in Houston.

HP's state-of-the-art research facility located in Fort Collins, Colo., built in collaboration with HP Labs, also provides a production environment to expand the HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center architecture and related research into demand-management technology. This is a key step in bringing cutting-edge sustainability technologies to market.

HP will be showcasing the HP Net-Zero Energy Data Center architecture at HP Discover, the company's premier client event, which takes place June 4-7 in Las Vegas.

btarunr, Apr 18, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Asetek Signs Data Center Product Development Agreement

Asetek announced today the signing of a development agreement with a major player in the data center space. The end-goal of the development agreement is to have products in the market before year-end and resulting revenue to have significant impact on Asetek's future data center business. The name of the partner will be disclosed at a later date.

"This development agreement is the direct result of several years of collaboration and I am very pleased that we have come this far with our partner. I expect this is the major breakthrough we have been waiting for," said André Sloth Eriksen, CEO and founder of Asetek.

Current data center OEM customers include Fujitsu, Penguin and CRAY. Asetek's RackCDU D2C liquid cooling is used in nine installations in the TOP500 list of the fastest supercomputers in the world, and in nine installations in the Green500 list of the world's most energy efficient supercomputers.

btarunr, Apr 18, 2019
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Unveils Two Secret Data Centers Built for Classified Gov't Data - Similar Threads - Unveils Secret Data

2. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  3. MS Account - Privacy data collection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Account - Privacy data collection: I recently found out after a chat discussion with Microsoft Support that they knew my exact location and what I was doing on my computer. This is something I found very invasive of my privacy and it was not any of their business. I asked the Microsoft Support person where...
  4. Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies: Hello Microsoft Tech Community members, I am interested in learning more about how to optimize the performance of my data center using Microsoft technologies. I currently have a large amount of data stored in my data center and I am looking for ways to improve the efficiency...
  5. Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies

Optimizing data center performance with Microsoft technologies: Hello Microsoft Tech Community members, I am interested in learning more about how to optimize the performance of my data center using Microsoft technologies. I currently have a large amount of data stored in my data center and I am looking for ways to improve the efficiency...
  6. Return MS Server 2019 Data center OLP for the same product as Volume Licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Return MS Server 2019 Data center OLP for the same product as Volume Licencing: Hi ThereI recently bought 2 x MS 2019 Data Center 16 Core 2 x MS Exchange Server Standard 2019 & some CALS through a software wholesaler.Upon delivery of the product keys I forwarded them to my client who has not entered them or used them in any way and realised that they...
  7. Return MS Server 2019 Data center OLP for the same product as Volume Licencing

Return MS Server 2019 Data center OLP for the same product as Volume Licencing: Hi ThereI recently bought 2 x MS 2019 Data Center 16 Core 2 x MS Exchange Server Standard 2019 & some CALS through a software wholesaler.Upon delivery of the product keys I forwarded them to my client who has not entered them or used them in any way and realised that they...
  8. Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?

Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?: So a couple months ago I had downloaded an app called Discord, but then I couldn't start it so I ended up looking through it's files. Whenever I'd try to delete a file, a message would pop up saying that "This file is open right now" and "can't be deleted until I close it",...
  9. Share Data Between the two Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...
  10. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft unveils new data centers