Windows 10: MS Update blocks WiFi

Discus and support MS Update blocks WiFi in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Admin....QUIT Censoring my post !This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by C.A.Carpenter, Oct 3, 2022.

1. MS Update blocks WiFi

Admin....QUIT Censoring my post !This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously MS is forcing you to update before you can use WiFiWell I'd like to say this....MS you're a bunch of idiots You started this BS a couple years ago...when you decided to force updates & restart MY PC. Essentially taking control of the PC that I bought & paid for. Understand, I bought

:)

C.A.Carpenter, Oct 3, 2022
  2. carolmso Win User

Wifi doesn't connect automatically since last MS update

Since the last MS update, every time I start the computer, I have to manually connect the wifi. "Connect automatically" is checked for this network in the list of available networks that comes up when you click on the wifi icon on the taskbar; in wifi settings,
    wifi is "on"; airplane mode is off. In "manage known networks" I tried telling the computer to "forget" my network, then re-entered the password; didn't change anything. Everything works fine once I manually connect, and it used to always connect automatically
    before the last update, so I don't think there's a problem with the router etc.

Any suggestions?

carolmso, Oct 3, 2022
  3. spunk Win User
    UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

It's possible that Computer Management is being blocked by SmartScreen. We suggest disabling it and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Type smartscreen in the search bar.
    3. Click Change SmartScreen settings.
    4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Security row.
    5. Click Change settings beneath the WindowsSmartScreen row.
    6. Click Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
    7. Click OK.

spunk, Oct 3, 2022
  4. MS Update blocks WiFi

Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Lagg.

Hello Luke,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

• Have you installed any drivers for the WiFi card?
    Try updating the drivers and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to update the Wifi drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select the device manager.
    • Right-click your Wireless/Wi-Fi devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the machine and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 3, 2022
Thema:

MS Update blocks WiFi

1. MS Update blocks WiFi - Similar Threads - Update blocks WiFi

2. MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  3. MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Win11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  4. MS Update blocks WiFi

MS Update blocks WiFi: Admin....QUIT Censoring my post !This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's...
  5. MS Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  6. MS Update blocks WiFi

MS Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  7. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  8. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

Win 11 Update blocks WiFi: This is not a question...but aimed at Microsoft.I have a Win 11 update pending and today fired up my PC and I have no WiFi. Yesterday I did.Went into to Settings and then is NO WiFi category even. NO category even. After I updated... it's frickin magically back.So obviously...
  9. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Win 11 Update blocks WiFi