Windows 10: MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.

Discus and support MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Every single Windows 10 update, which is 3 or 4 now, my desktop files get wiped including my settings, browser info, etc. Anyone know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JefLap, Sep 12, 2019.

1. JefLap Win User

MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.

Hi,

Every single Windows 10 update, which is 3 or 4 now, my desktop files get wiped including my settings, browser info, etc. Anyone know the solution or whom o contact at MS for a solution?

:)

JefLap, Sep 12, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 12, 2019
  3. EFTaylor Win User
    Deleting old bookmarks

I have bookmarks dating back to Windows 98. Is there a program, or command to find and delete dead individual bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11? I ran AM-DeadLink and it listed 400 dead links, but it no longer has a delete function. Thanks for any suggestions.

ET

EFTaylor, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

System crash wiped all my Firefox bookmarks.

Look here and find the right profile;

Firefox up to Version 0.8
    C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Phoenix\Profiles

Firefox, Version 0.9 - 1.x.x
    C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

then;
    If you find the original Profile with all the appropriate files, then ADD to the desktop shortcut; Add one space then -p then type the Profile name which contains the appropriate files.
    It will be similar to: "C:\Program Files\firefox\firefox.exe" -p profilename

Firefox 1.5 creates daily bookmark backups and stores the five most recent bookmarks backup files in the "bookmarkbackups" folder, located inside the Firefox profile folder. You can restore your bookmarks in Firefox 1.5

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc. - Similar Threads - Update Wipes deletes

2. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  3. My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer randomly reset and wiped everything files, apps, settings, etc.. Is there any...: I was using my computer was on Windows 10, when it all of a sudden did a complete reset. This reset wiped everything - documents, apps, settings, etc. - so it is basically a brand new computer. Also during the reset it appears to have updated to Windows 11. Is there any way...
  4. The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc -...: The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc - pictures all gone, documents all gone .. what happened, can I get them back?...
  5. The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc -...

The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc -...: The last update seemed to wipe my pc. Nothing on my desktop, in my files, folders etc - pictures all gone, documents all gone .. what happened, can I get them back?...
  6. Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.: A recent Windows update wiped out browser extensions and other preferences, bookmarks in all web browsers, email accounts in my email app Mailbird, user settings in other applications, etc. I'm not even sure I've found all the settings it wiped out. Fortunately, it didn't...
  7. Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.

Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.: A recent Windows update wiped out browser extensions and other preferences, bookmarks in all web browsers, email accounts in my email app Mailbird, user settings in other applications, etc. I'm not even sure I've found all the settings it wiped out. Fortunately, it didn't...
  8. etc file deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    etc file deleted: I accidentaly deleted the etc folder. Is there any possible way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etc-file-deleted/d0f0fa26-c28b-44f0-9e11-4d8fcfa57d1b
  9. WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted: I noticed that a Windows 10 update occurred approx. 2 weeks ago. Thought is was just my browser data that was missing, but All my files are gone including any files on my desktop. I'm restoring from my backup provider, but am extremely hot about about this. You've lost me as...
  10. Deleting .ETC files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting .ETC files: I came across a folder which was reported as empty and tried to delete it. I had to take ownership but still could not delete it --- then found it had around 10 MB of .ETC log files relating to such things as incorrect shutdown from last year and this year. Can I delete these...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc updates and deletes my bookmarks