Windows 10: MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors

Discus and support MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I hope someone can help. Trying to install games or drivers, I constantly get a pop-up stating: "The feature you are tryig to use is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jankel02, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Jankel02 Win User

MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help. Trying to install games or drivers, I constantly get a pop-up stating:

"The feature you are tryig to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime -14.0.24210" disk and click OK"

Now, when installing that file, I get an error that a newer version is already installed. Trying to install the 2017 version, I can't find the file in my downloads/library, and end up with the same error. When trying to install the 2019 version, installation works, but I still get the pop-ups.

I am trying to install a tablet for designing, which does not work due to this issue. I'd very much appreciate any ideas that are understandable for someone who does not have extended computer knowledge.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Jankel.

:)

Jankel02, Jul 4, 2020

2. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64 failure to install

I've been trying to install Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64 for some time now but every time I try no matter what I do I get the error the older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 x64 minimum runtime 14.24.28127 can not be removed

I also get told that it can't find the path to vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi again this is for visual c++ 2019 x64 part.

Mr_Morningsloth, Jul 4, 2020
  4. LRC-cc Win User

Installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 on Windows 10 PC kills some of the installed virtual printers

I recently installed an updated version of VMWare Player which also installed
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (both x86 and x64 flavors). After this install I noticed that some virtual printers on my Windows 10 Pro PC no longer worked.

By "virtual printers" I mean installed printers that print to files or print directly into other applications (see the list further below).

By "no longer worked" I mean:

• I can no longer print to these printers from any app
    • Windows pops up an error "Operation could not be completed" if I try to access the Printing Preferences
    • Windows pops up an error "Test page failed to print... The specified module could not be found" if I try to print a Test Page
    • These not-working printers show up as "offline" if I try to select them from within Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, etc.

I figured out the problem is directly related to the install of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 by this series of experiments:

1. I tried uninstalling/re-installing some of the virtual printers (such as Bullzip PDF Printer), but this did not fix the problem
    2. I used System Restore to restore to a point just before the VMWare Player and
      Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installations.
      • All of the virtual printers now worked again
    3. I downloaded and installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (both x86 and x64 flavors) directly from Microsoft's "The latest supported Visual C++ downloads" web page.
      • The virtual printers stopped working again
    4. I uninstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (both x86 and x64 flavors) from Control Panel's Programs, then restarted the PC
      • After restart the virtual printers still didn't work
    5. I used System Restore to restore to a point just before theMicrosoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019
      installations.
      • All of the virtual printers now worked again

Based on the above results it is clear to me that:

• VMWare Player software is not the problem
    • The problem is related to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 installation (and/or the later versions too)
    • The problem must be occuring during the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019 because uninstalling it doesn't make the problem go away
      • In other words - something during the installation process is making a permanent change which kills these virtual pdf printers, a System Restore is the only way to recover functionality
    It is interesting to note that only some of the virtual pdf printers on my PC are affected/killed by installation of
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019, there are other virtual pdf printers that continue to work OK.

Here is the list of virtual pdf printers which continue to work OK after installation of
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019:

• eDoc Printer PDF Pro
    • Foxit Reader PDF Printer
    • Microsoft Print to PDF

Here is the list of virtual printers which no longer work after installation of
    Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019:

• Bullzip PDF Printer
    • PaperPort Image Printer (from PaperPort v14)
    • Send to One Note 2010
    • Snagit 2019

Clearly these virutal printers must be using some particular service/feature of Windows 10 that is being affected by the MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 (and later) installation.

For the record I'll note that I have many earlier-year versions of MS Visual C++ Redistributable installed on my PC - these do not affect the virtual printers.

This is a very serious problem/bug for me. I use the virtual printers all the time but realize that as time goes by various software updates (like VMWare Player) will want to install MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 (and later) which will then kill some
    of my virtual printers.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who can provide insight and hopefully a fix for this issue.

Thanks!

LRC-cc, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors - Similar Threads - Visual C++2019 Installation

2. installing microsoft visual C++ 2019 Error Code: 0x80070661

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing microsoft visual C++ 2019 Error Code: 0x80070661: I get the Error Code: 0x80070661 - installation package is not supported by processor type.I have done all avaliable updates for windows and updated the intel graphic driver.Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz...
  3. installing microsoft visual C++ 2019 Error Code: 0x80070661

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing microsoft visual C++ 2019 Error Code: 0x80070661: I get the Error Code: 0x80070661 - installation package is not supported by processor type.I have done all avaliable updates for windows and updated the intel graphic driver.Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz...
  4. Error During Installing Visual c++ 2019 Minimum runtime

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error During Installing Visual c++ 2019 Minimum runtime: Hey so I was just installing Visual c++ 2019 minimum runtime because I needed an app but when I tried installing it showed me this errorand when I click "OK" it shows me this errorplease help me :...
  5. Error installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 0x80070570

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 0x80070570: Earlier today I tried installing Slack. After battling with Microsoft Defender to allow me to even run the setup.exe it came up with this error:https://prnt.sc/18kvtcf Did some research about the side-by-side and said to reinstall/update redistributables. Well, I've been...
  6. MS Visual C++ file errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Visual C++ file errors: I just want the latest c++ files so i can play my pc games and other normal things on my PC but im stumped as what to do. Ive uninstalled all older c++ files and tried reinstalling the newest from MS website but when i try to it shows the same error messages and wont allow me...
  7. Visual C++ 2017 Runtime Error when installing Visual C++ 2015-2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual C++ 2017 Runtime Error when installing Visual C++ 2015-2019: I've tried many suggestions from here or on other forums and I'm lost. I've had this issue on a Windows 10 laptop in the past and gave up on it. I was originally getting this error while installing AMD Radeon driver software that I need to update to play a game. I also get...
  8. error with installing visual c++ minimum 2019

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error with installing visual c++ minimum 2019: [ATTACH] so recently when i tried updating my valorant i got this message: https://preview.redd.it/2s7xnw08gyk51.png?width=1360&format=png&auto=webp&s=9b5869a3553ec1c6e5512600e5a250816a52e3c5 from there i reinstalled all of the visual c++ features but only one didnt work...
  9. MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019 Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019 Files: Hi, What are the files downloaded by Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019? I have built an application that requires the customer to have this downloaded, but I want to include the DLL files in the application itself, so they don't need to download it. What are...
  10. Error installing Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error installing Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime: I installed a couple versions of Microsoft Visual C++ for my new windows 10 system. However, when it comes to Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 X86 Minimum Runtime, it just can't go through and always said "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is...