Windows 10: MS Visual C++ different versions installed

Discus and support MS Visual C++ different versions installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi allI am currently trying to install a renderer for Sketchup.My problem is that it keeps telling me i miss MSVCR120, MSVCP120 and VCOMP120 DLLs.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StenHallberg, Sep 20, 2021.

1. MS Visual C++ different versions installed

Hi allI am currently trying to install a renderer for Sketchup.My problem is that it keeps telling me i miss MSVCR120, MSVCP120 and VCOMP120 DLLs.I have tried to locate these on my computer but havent succeeded. Then I installed the recommended redistibutables. Still does not work.However, now i have discovered that i have 5 different versions installed of Visual C++.2012 x65 and x86, 2013 x86, 2015-2019 x54 and x86.Somehow I imagine this can create some confusion. I am running on a x64 computer.And I still cant find the DLLs anywhere...Any suggestions what to do?Greatful for any help.Sten

:)

StenHallberg, Sep 20, 2021

2. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Microsoft Visual C++installs different years and for 32 and 64 bits versions

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Microsoft Visual C++ is installing different versions in Windows. We will help you.

• As per the description, what are you referring to installing from different years?
    • Are you getting the updates constantly installed with respect and particular to Microsoft Visual C++?
    In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.

I suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

Refer:
    How to include a screenshot in your post

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Error 404 Win User

MS Visual C++ different versions installed

Downloaded MS Visual C++, need help/pointers

I think I'll try out a much simpler compiler, Visual Studio C++ 2008 is a little overwhelming for me atm. I'll learn the C++ language first, then see how I can make use of MS Studio.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

Error 404, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

MS Visual C++ different versions installed

1. MS Visual C++ different versions installed - Similar Threads - Visual C++ different

2. Visual c++ not installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual c++ not installed?: Hello,I've been having problems like those in the thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-vcruntimeminiumx64msi-in-my-files/e580c6fd-b184-4493-8365-f6481458729eI've tried to do as it is said in the answer, I deleted previously installed...
  3. Visual c++ not installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual c++ not installed?: Hello,I've been having problems like those in the thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-vcruntimeminiumx64msi-in-my-files/e580c6fd-b184-4493-8365-f6481458729eI've tried to do as it is said in the answer, I deleted previously installed...
  4. visual c++ failure to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual c++ failure to install: I've been trying to install Visual C++ for many timesI have tried many ways but fail,relocating files is also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-failure-to-install/9ed3c996-117a-474e-a4a3-3c410bffd2ec
  5. visual c++ failure to install

visual c++ failure to install: I've been trying to install Visual C++ for many timesI have tried many ways but fail,relocating files is also useless. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-failure-to-install/9ed3c996-117a-474e-a4a3-3c410bffd2ec
  6. MS Visual C++ file errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Visual C++ file errors: I just want the latest c++ files so i can play my pc games and other normal things on my PC but im stumped as what to do. Ive uninstalled all older c++ files and tried reinstalling the newest from MS website but when i try to it shows the same error messages and wont allow me...
  7. Old Visual C++ versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Visual C++ versions: I have 21 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ installed, starting with 2005 Redistributable installed in 2016. Is there a reason for all these versions? Seems like the most recent 2015-2019, installed in May should be all I need. If not needed, is there a reason they aren't...
  8. MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Visual C++2019 / Installation errors: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help. Trying to install games or drivers, I constantly get a pop-up stating: "The feature you are tryig to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime...
  9. MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist x86 install problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Visual C++ 2015 Redist x86 install problem: I am adding an external Asus BluRay burner to my HP desktop computer. Software provided with the burner tried to install the Visual C++ Redist x86 on my computer but failed saying it was already installed. I searched for it to uninstall it and let the Asus instal routine...
  10. Multiple versions of Visual C++

Multiple versions of Visual C++: I did some housekeeping today with Revo and found 11 copies of Visual C++. Attached is a pdf of the details. Do I really need all these? And will they continue to accumulate as my system ages? 83862