Windows 10: MS Visual C++ redistributable - application log & restore

Discus and support MS Visual C++ redistributable - application log & restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I helped someone with her PC and to my surprise although we're both running Win10, she had: MS Visual C++ redistributable version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by philart, Dec 27, 2016.

1. philart Win User

MS Visual C++ redistributable - application log & restore

Hi,

I helped someone with her PC and to my surprise although we're both running Win10, she had:
    MS Visual C++ redistributable version 2005,2008,2010,2012, 2013 and each time the 64bits and 32bits version.

This eventhought, she had less apps than I, and all the apps she has I have.

So my questions are:

1/ is there a system log which reveals which apps are using some MS Visual C++ redistributable?

2/ Can I create a system restoration and delete at least version older than 2010 and in case an app would not properly work, restore the system?

Thanks

:)

philart, Dec 27, 2016
  2. JamesCLF Win User

Epson Easy Photo Print bundled software for Epson Printer L360

Error: The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I am using the latest updated Window 10

Done to date: Updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 & 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86), Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 & 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).

Kindly assist.

Thank you

Regards

James

JamesCLF, Dec 27, 2016
  3. MSVCR100.dll not designed to run on windows or containes an error for windows 10.

The Visual C++ Redistributable is a DLL (Dynamic Link Library) file required by programs or games built using Microsoft’s Visual Studio software development environment. When a program requires a DLL or some other supporting file to run, this is called
    a dependency. The MSVCR.DLL stands for:

MS – Microsoft

V – Visual

C – C++

R – Redistributable.

Press Windows key + X

Click Apps & Features

Uninstall the Visual C++ Redistributable

Proceed to install the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86)

https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.a...

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64)

https://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.a...

See addition solutions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-visual-c-p...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Summary answer:
    Is it Okay to Uninstall 'Extra' Versions of Microsoft Visual C++? | PCWorld

1. Apps- in comparing the number of apps, are you referring to universal apps, traditional exe desktop programs, or both?
    2. Log? Not that I know of.
    You can (or at least could) evaluate the dependencies of a particular program:
    Understanding the Dependencies of a Visual C++ Application
    Dependency Walker (depends.exe) Home Page
    3. Restoration
    We strongly recommend the routine use of disk imaging for system and data recovery, e.g. Macrium Reflect (free).
    You can restore an image of your OS disk/partition after any experimentation you care to perform and have your PC back as it was.
    But if you simply wish to try uninstalling versions of Visual C++ runtime, and find you need them again, you could simply reinstall them.

You can read more easily by searching for
    which programs need visual C++

dalchina, Dec 27, 2016
Thema:

1. MS Visual C++ redistributable - application log & restore - Similar Threads - Visual C++ redistributable

2. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  3. Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual C++ redistribution Uninstalled: Need help. I recently uninstalled all the Visual c++ redistribution from my laptopAsus , and after sometime It started shutting down and displayed a blue screen and sometimes the Asus Bios Utility EZ mode page. I've tried all the different options but unable to have any...
  4. Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable: Can anyone please confirm for me if you can "Safely" delete old versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable up-grades as I have so many clogging up my hard drive and have been since 2005. Any correct advice would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me into the...
  5. Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables: Hello. Can someone please helpe me I was actually running csgo without visual c++ redistributables and it somehow worked. And I was getting around 80 fps but when I installed the 2015-201920132012Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables I noticed some lag performance on my...
  6. MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019 Files

MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019 Files: Hi, What are the files downloaded by Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 - 2019? I have built an application that requires the customer to have this downloaded, but I want to include the DLL files in the application itself, so they don't need to download it. What are...
  7. Microsoft visual c++ redistributable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft visual c++ redistributable: Hi, i bought brand new laptop, immediately upon turning it on, I got windows update, after restart, laptop started autoinstalling Microsoft visual c++ hybrid on his own... So what is hybrid? Why not regular one? Is hybrid also officially from Microsoft? I got 12 total, 8 of...
  8. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables: How do we know that which program is using what Redistributable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-visual-c-redistributables/2fb060a0-a830-431f-9930-ba0e03640005
  9. visual c++ redistributables

visual c++ redistributables: New hard disk drive. Question 1: Does a new Windows 10 (Pro - Enterprise) install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of the operating system? Question 2: Does a new Microsoft Office install include any visual c++ redistributables as part of Office? Yes -- C++...
  10. Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013,2017. Are tall of them the same, i mean just an upgraded version of the first one. Do i need to have them all instaled on my pc?, thanks...