Windows 10: MS Visual Studio

Discus and support MS Visual Studio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On November 11th MS downloaded the following files through normal updates. After some researching, I found that this applies to a beta release of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardC, Nov 29, 2017.

1. RichardC Win User

MS Visual Studio

On November 11th MS downloaded the following files through normal updates. After some researching, I found that this applies to a beta release of Visual Studio. I don't have it on my system and don't plan to use it. Is it safe to delete these files? It's not a lot space, but why have unwanted programs. Please look at the files below and give your response. TIA, Richard
    MS Visual Studio [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, Nov 29, 2017

2. missing .dll

Hi William,

This file is used by MS Visual C++ for Visual Studio 2015. It is installed by the software that requires this file.

We suggest reinstalling MS Visual C++ for Visual Studio 2015 on this article.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Nov 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 font size differs in some applications on the computer.

Hi,

It's not application specific - the screenshots I posted are coming from Visual Studio 2015 and MS SQL Management Studio.

Regards,

Michal

MichałDymel, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Superfly Win User

MS Visual Studio

Why do you think those are VS files? What does the eula.txt say?

Superfly, Nov 29, 2017
  5. RichardC Win User
    MS Visual Studio [​IMG]

RichardC, Nov 30, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    Hmmm... that's old stuff.

Either way they are C++ runtime installation files only - probably downloaded to install a component dependency set-up uses that was compiled with that. Deleting those installation files makes to difference.

Superfly, Nov 30, 2017
  7. RichardC Win User
    Still, I know Microsoft downloads files that I don't know about because they're necessary for operation of programs. But Visual Studio and all needed files should be loaded when requested by me. After all, it's a beta program anyway. Aren't beta programs more or less a trial program before the final version comes out?

RichardC, Nov 30, 2017
  8. Superfly Win User

MS Visual Studio

It's just legacy files they included (probably comes as a bundled download from MSDN rather than the consumer version) .. nothing to do with Visual Studio ...

It's weird I know, but MS does strange things - those are the C++ equivalent of .Net support files only.

Superfly, Nov 30, 2017
  9. Neemobeer Win User
    Beta would be the phase before production release, typically to allow for additional bug hunting. I've seen a number of Microsoft products that dump files in the root of C:\. These can be safely removed.

Neemobeer, Nov 30, 2017
  10. Superfly Win User
    What files do they dump in root? That is not typically storage for temp files AFAIK

Superfly, Nov 30, 2017
  11. RichardC Win User
    Yea, but these files Were dumped on my c:\ drive and not in temp folder. They were not there before the last mfc version 1709 update.

RichardC, Nov 30, 2017
  12. Superfly Win User
    Uhmm.. begs the question... which files? and how can you be sure they are not system required if they are placed there?

Edit... OIC they are with Windows.old, so dunno - strange that they were put there.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS Visual Studio

1. MS Visual Studio - Similar Threads - Visual Studio

2. visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit: I encountered a problem when visual studio updating to 17.9.3, it prompt that uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit showed in picture. But I am using Win10 ltsc 2021, i didn't install win11sdk!...
  3. visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit: I encountered a problem when visual studio updating to 17.9.3, it prompt that uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit showed in picture. But I am using Win10 ltsc 2021, i didn't install win11sdk!...
  4. visual studio 2022, uninstalling win11sdk_windowsperformanceToolkit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i got proxy error in visual studio code editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got proxy error in visual studio code editor: PS C:\Users\yash santosh gupta\Desktop\yash_cap08_087\cap8\Javascript\JS-Promises-Virtual-McDonald> npm install npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead. npm ERR! code ECONNRESET npm ERR! network aborted npm ERR! network...
  6. i got proxy error in visual studio code editor

i got proxy error in visual studio code editor: PS C:\Users\yash santosh gupta\Desktop\yash_cap08_087\cap8\Javascript\JS-Promises-Virtual-McDonald> npm install npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead. npm ERR! code ECONNRESET npm ERR! network aborted npm ERR! network...
  7. Why do I have Windows Installer Service unavailable message to Install Visual Studio 2022...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have Windows Installer Service unavailable message to Install Visual Studio 2022...: While running the Visual Studio Installer and selecting the things I want to install, just when starts to download, I get the following message: Title "Before we get started" Message "The Windows Installer Service is unavailable. Please restart your system and try again."....
  8. Why do I have Windows Installer Service unavailable message to Install Visual Studio 2022...

Why do I have Windows Installer Service unavailable message to Install Visual Studio 2022...: While running the Visual Studio Installer and selecting the things I want to install, just when starts to download, I get the following message: Title "Before we get started" Message "The Windows Installer Service is unavailable. Please restart your system and try again."....
  9. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88
  10. How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...

How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is...: How do you set the .xaml default program for Visual Studio 2022 when the PC thinks it is already set for Visual Studio Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-xaml-default-program-for-visual/763c3a3e-8a80-4088-bf38-d5d656e8cb88