Windows 10: MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

Discus and support MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was used to being able to use free dvd players.. for many years, although I very seldom put a dvd movie into a usb dvd drive. I decided I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by retiredat44, Feb 12, 2021.

1. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

So, I was used to being able to use free dvd players.. for many years, although I very seldom put a dvd movie into a usb dvd drive. I decided I wanted to watch a movie had had that was sold on dvd from maybe 15 years ago, and have a couple decent but older usb dvd burners, movie players etc, laying around. None of them would play moves. I tried the MS store fre version,s and also the older cyblerlink movie players I have colleted over the years were released long before win7, 8, 10, etc. Nothing wou;ld play the move dvd's I have. I finally got a trial version of a movie player, but it will ost like $60.00 for the released version when it trial version expires. MS had a sale on a dvd player, and I had some pints saved up on my MS Bing account and bought that ms dvd player from the MS store. I cannot see forking out $50.00 or more for playing a movie 2x per year. Used to be able to use so many fre eplayers, or crossover that burned dvd's and played them also, or got decent oem dvd playing software with new computer parts. No longer, it is all big bucks now, but can sually find soemthing with enough searching. Lots of sftware now seems to be like lease for ayears, or subscribe, and pay for each year, or updates every year. Disappointed in this business model. Like we have so much $$$ we can just burn through it! Yes, I can fdire up Netflix, or other but they don't alwasy have soemthing, or they charge too much. I have not thouroly tested the latest dvd software I got from MS on sale, but hope it works, nothing fancy, I don't have ahome theater. But I do have VR now, but that was intended for games. But, we can used it to watch movies too. Gotten away form my main thoughts. The DVD freee software seems like athing of the past now. And if anyone beings out the old dvd's they might find their dvd player no longer able to play the movies. Sad....

:)

retiredat44, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Emello Win User

Windows 10 did not dowlnoad widows dvd player

I upgraded to Win 10 pro from 8.1 pro shortly after the initial release, I just noticed today that I never received the DVD player update, KB3081704. My DVD player is listed, has latest firmware compatible with 8.1, but I can't play DVDs. I have windows
    DVD player listed under apps. The burner is a LG CH12LS28. Any suggestions, other than paying for it the store or a 3rd party app?

Thanks.

Emello, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows DVD Player will play movies that are on optical discs. However, we will need the details requested below:

• Could you please provide more clarity on “will not play my DVD home movies”?
    • What is the complete error message you receive?

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

You may want to refer the
    Windows DVD player FAQ

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2021
  4. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

Unable to play movie in Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for updating on the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the movie is in a Blu-ray disc.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below and check for status.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player

1. MS vs 3rd party dvd and movie player - Similar Threads - 3rd party dvd

2. Linking 3rd parties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  3. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows defragger vs 3rd party defragger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defragger vs 3rd party defragger.: Windows defragger always says i don't need to defrag so i figured i would download defraggler to see what it said. And it says on my one drive that it has over 75 thousand fragmented files, where windows say 0% fragmented. So which one do i believe windows or the 3rd party...
  6. certmgr.msc - ‘Trusted Roots’ vs ‘3rd Party Roots’

certmgr.msc - ‘Trusted Roots’ vs ‘3rd Party Roots’: Hello all, I’ve been looking around in certmgr.msc, and I’ve noticed “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and “Third-Party Root Certificates” folders. What’s the difference? Thanks, InternetLuke....
  7. 3rd Party Company

3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  8. ms authorized 3rd party support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ms authorized 3rd party support: The 3rd party support company's phone has been disconnected. MS actually transferred me to this company. I have a contract with this company, Now what do I do?...
  9. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  10. Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?

Defender vs 3rd Party AV programs?: Since Windows Defender is dominating the AV world, now why do most enterprises are still sticking with 3rd party AV programs like McAfee or Symantec? Are these two still better than running Defender? I believe Defender even has its own central management solution for...