Windows 10: MS WDA V2 interference with Intel Content Protection HECI/HDCP Service

Discus and support MS WDA V2 interference with Intel Content Protection HECI/HDCP Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System Setup: HF EliteBook x360 G2 with Intel HD Graphics 620 Windows 10, x64, Build 1803 MS Wireless Display Adapter V2 Firmware: 2.0.8381... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomWpoint, Dec 15, 2018.

1. TomWpoint Win User

MS WDA V2 interference with Intel Content Protection HECI/HDCP Service

System Setup:

HF EliteBook x360 G2 with Intel HD Graphics 620

Windows 10, x64, Build 1803

MS Wireless Display Adapter V2 Firmware: 2.0.8381

Monitor: Samsung C32F391FWU

I took me some time to get the adpater working. However I needed to disable both Intel Content Protection HECI/HDCP Services to get the connection stabile. As long I had either one of the two running I only was able to get for a very short moment a connection but it broke up after 10 sec.

Does anyone has the same issue and is there a way to get this issue solved?

Cheers

Tom

:)

TomWpoint, Dec 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Netflix app does not work any more (stuck on loading screen, then closes it itself)

I had the same issue with Netflix Windows 10 app stuck on the logo screen when launched. I narrowed it down to the Intel Content Protection HECI Service.

When I disabled this service:

Right-Click Start menu >> Run >> msconfig >> Services tab

I un-ticked the Intel Content Protection HECI Service and rebooted the PC.

the Netflix app then worked. If I then re-enabled the Intel Content Protection HECI Service and rebooted again, Netflix stopped working.

The Intel Content Protection HECI Service was installed by the Intel Graphics driver.

So, I have just updated my Intel HD graphics 530 drivers, re-enabled the Intel Content Protection HECI Service and all is working again.

avant-guvnor, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the following services are running:

• Intel Security Assist
    • Intel Security Assist Helper
    • Intel Content Protection HECI Service
    • Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP/IP Interface
    • Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service

I'm wondering what all these services do, whether I really need them and if I can disable some? Please advise. I don't need any remote Intel services - only to use the Intel graphics, Intel WiFi adapter and Intel Series 8 motherboard.

Steve C, Dec 15, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Question about intel programs

Then you don't need their display driver either. I don't have a separate GPU so I have to use the built in Intel one.

Intel (via Windows Update) have a habit of installing stuff you don't need.

FWIW I also disable these services (under services.msc) which seem to add no value either.

• Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service - enables communication with the Content Protection FW
    • Service for Intel(R) HD Graphics Control Panel
    • Intel(R) Integrated Clock Controller Service - Intel(R) ICCS

Thema:

1. MS WDA V2 interference with Intel Content Protection HECI/HDCP Service - Similar Threads - WDA interference Intel

2. windows interference

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows interference: how to make windows stop interrupting me to tell me that my display settings have been changed. Is there some kind of "don't ask this question again button"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-interference/7ad6c7e8-84b4-42f3-a503-def3151f9b44
  3. Microsoft Photodraw v2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photodraw v2: Is there any way to load Microsoft PhotoDraw v2 on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photodraw-v2/8d44a71a-a210-4904-bb9e-61734057a087
  4. Can't enable Software Protection Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable Software Protection Service: Hello, I can't enable the service "Software Protection" becuase of that error: Der Dienst "Software Protection" auf "Lokaler Computer" konnte nicht gestartet werden. Fehler 1058: Der angegebene Dienst kann nicht gestartet werden. Er ist deaktiviert oder nicht mit...
  5. Unwanted interference

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted interference: How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unwanted-interference/83bbe8c0-9774-4ef3-8da8-bde2bffb800e
  6. Intel Audio Service stopped working !!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Audio Service stopped working !!!!: Dear Microsoft, I am using Windows 10 pro on Dell XPS 5 9570 . My reliability history shows there is always error about "Faulting Application Path: C:\windows\system32\cAVS\Intel(R) Audio Service\IntelAudioService.exe" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks...
  7. Wifi & Bluetooth Interference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi & Bluetooth Interference: Hi, I'm going insane. Since 2 days whenever I have my Bluetooth switched on (and a BT speaker connected, but also other devices) my wifi goes extremely slow, has issues connecting and falters. Everyone on Youtube becomes a beatboxer. When Bluetooth is switched off,...
  8. Bluetooth interference

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth interference: I’ve faced up an issue with my bluetooth headphones on Windows 10. When I am listening to locally stored audio file and open a web-browser, I hear a crackling sound and get gaps in the audio. I am sure this interference coincides with activity over the wireless network. If...
  9. Intel RST Service Not Running

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel RST Service Not Running: I keep running into this and it is affecting my overall performance. It slows to a crawl at times, mostly when playing videos. Because videos are what I do, it is a problem. I've been chasing this for a while and can't find reliable information. Neither Acer or Intel have...
  10. Software Protection Service causing stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Software Protection Service causing stutter: Once or twice a day I get a half second of stutter where my video and audio will stutter for half a second. The only thing I've found in the Windows Logs seems to be the Software Protection Service starts when the stutter happens. Any ideas? I've done a full format with no...