Windows 10: MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US?

Discus and support MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] When Windows 10 was launched, Cortana was one of its most-hyped new features. As a hitherto never-seen digital assistant, it was said to help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kari, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Kari Win User

MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US?

MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US? [​IMG]

When Windows 10 was launched, Cortana was one of its most-hyped new features. As a hitherto never-seen digital assistant, it was said to help users around the world "get more out of Windows". Here is what Microsoft said on the day of the Windows 10 launch, July 29th, 2015, quoted verbatim:

Source: Cortana: World traveller

Officially, Cortana was announced to be available in quite a lot of languages, in quite a lot of regions:

Screenshot from Cortana's regions and languages

However, today, Cortana is only available in USA, for US users. I noticed this already half a year ago, when Cortana simply stopped working in Insider Fast Ring builds, as my tweet from October 2019 shows:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Apr 14, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. MS: Why does Windows cost more with fewer features outside the US? - Similar Threads - Why does cost

2. Why does Windows 11 have fewer helpful options than Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 have fewer helpful options than Windows 10?: Why does Windows 11 keep having fewer helpful options than Windows 10? For example, why was the 'Move to' option removed? And Photos has had some edit options removed. I don't understand why you provide updates that remove usefulness, and not tell us in advance, and not...
  3. Why does Windows 11 have fewer helpful options than Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 have fewer helpful options than Windows 10?: Why does Windows 11 keep having fewer helpful options than Windows 10? For example, why was the 'Move to' option removed? And Photos has had some edit options removed. I don't understand why you provide updates that remove usefulness, and not tell us in advance, and not...
  4. amazon appstore is not available outside of us

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amazon appstore is not available outside of us: I want to use amazon appstore but it says it is not available outside of us, why and how to fix without vpn? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-appstore-is-not-available-outside-of-us/2a5a81d9-ba09-47a3-9296-bf524621161f
  5. amazon appstore is not available outside of us

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amazon appstore is not available outside of us: I want to use amazon appstore but it says it is not available outside of us, why and how to fix without vpn? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amazon-appstore-is-not-available-outside-of-us/2a5a81d9-ba09-47a3-9296-bf524621161f
  6. Profile Address??? Outside of the US

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Profile Address??? Outside of the US: I'm trying to buy the secret style pack for slime rancher, but when it comes to where I need to enter the profile address, it only allows a US address. I already put my billing and shipping address in my profile. Is there a way i can use that instead or at least allow an...
  7. Paying with card outside of the US

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paying with card outside of the US: I want to purchase a laptop and send it to a warehouse in Doral, Florida. But when I put my billing address which is international, I can't do it properly because I can't change the country which is set in US. With this issue I can't do my purchase....
  8. Why can't MS just let us play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't MS just let us play?: Why can't MS just either admit they hate PC gamers or fix auto download? I have seen hundreds here and thousands online complaining about auto downloads when playing games. The problem MS just keeps saying it is on the users end, NO IT"S NOT! I can be playing any online game...
  9. NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands

in Browsers and Email
    NPAPI Deprecation is Costing us Thousands: With browsers stopping support for Java plugins we now can't access financial and record-keeping sites we need to keep our business going. We were using IE-Tab but they want $19.00 per user which means thousands of dollars in licencing. We're a small company and can't afford...
  10. Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the Home version just Pro with fewer features?: Is Windows 10 Home just Windows 10 Pro with some features disabled? So, for example, if I go to change the product key and enter a Pro key, will it be converted or would I have to go through installation again? Thanks. 20685