Windows 10: MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

Discus and support MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; MS Outlook 365 will not let me change a password in the settings for one of my IMAP e-mail accounts. Settings page in Win 10 64 Pro will not let me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by smoketoxdoc, Feb 26, 2019.

1. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

MS Outlook 365 will not let me change a password in the settings for one of my IMAP e-mail accounts. Settings page in Win 10 64 Pro will not let me change password either. I know new password is correct as my main email client is Evolution running under Ubuntu 18.10 (I have several Win10/Office 365 systems setup because some Win 10 software is better than Linux equivalents and I always have two machines running e-mail). I am owner and only user of affected PCs. How do I get MS to let me change a password in an Outlook 365 IMAP account?

Thank you,

John

:)

smoketoxdoc, Feb 26, 2019

2. N8 - E-Mail/Imap Setup Impossible

Dear Nokia users,

I have E7 and having problem setting up e-mails that are hosted by Yahoo mail server eventhough the e-mail domain IS NOT "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".

If I select "Yahoo" in the mail configiuration, it will not work even if I enter correct e-mail address, correct password, and correct user name.

Problem: Nokia Messaging (push mail service of Nokia) not able to configure e-mail account with the correct mail address and password provided by user.

Solution (as described by Scratch as well) -- is to select "Other" in mail setup, enter a
    fake or incorrect e-mail address and fake/incorrect password, then it will display "Mail for Exchange and "POP/IMAP", choose "POP/IMAP". It wil display a list of detail settings where you must enter the
    true/correct value -- mail address, usernmae, password, mailbox type, incoming mail server, incoming port number etc. .

Hope this helps.

mecool2008, Feb 26, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, Feb 26, 2019
  4. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

delete e-mail acc

How do I delete a e-mail acc from my nokia phone ?

RobHeerema, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

1. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc - Similar Threads - let change password

2. I typed a document but it will not let me send it by e-mail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I typed a document but it will not let me send it by e-mail.: I typed a letter but it will not let me send it by e-mail* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-typed-a-document-but-it-will-not-let-me-send-it/21163e32-075c-4245-9d0f-7e5c62d372f3
  3. I typed a document but it will not let me send it by e-mail.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I typed a document but it will not let me send it by e-mail.: I typed a letter but it will not let me send it by e-mail* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-typed-a-document-but-it-will-not-let-me-send-it/21163e32-075c-4245-9d0f-7e5c62d372f3
  4. Cannot correct an e-mail password in SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot correct an e-mail password in SETTINGS: I receive a notification in Windows 10 that one of my e-mail accounts needs attention. In SETTINGS, I click on MANAGE the account and a pop-up appears that shows my correct e-mail address but shows a sixteen "star" password and I do not know what it is. I backspace the...
  5. E mail address change windows settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    E mail address change windows settings: Hi, Been a while since last here, but I have a question. I have just upgraded to Windows 10 2004, and I see on my setting page my avatar and E mail address. Is there any way to change this address, I have tried changing Microsoft Account primary address but this did not...
  6. E Mail settings

E Mail settings: I have a notification message on the Desktop of my PC saying that my SKY account settings are out of date. I use SKY for my E Mail address and they in turn use Yahoo Mail. I am using Windows 10. To try and rectify the problem I have accessed SETTINGS and then E MAIL &...
  7. Valid MS e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Valid MS e-mail: Is msa at communication.microsoft.com a valid Microsoft address? Where "at" is @. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/valid-ms-e-mail/2f4dd399-2eec-4daa-a7a3-b9084afa892b"
  8. imap password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    imap password: My imap password got lost and I don't get my mail . HOW TO GET A NEW IMAP PASSWORD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/8cfd2dd9-11c8-46df-805d-5eddd28c3763
  9. IMAP Password

IMAP Password: How can I find my imap password or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/33f74dc8-77bb-4406-a342-7a9df4a7a07d
  10. e-mail, passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    e-mail, passwords: I have done something to delete saving my pass words and e- mails. how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-passwords/36b455da-9733-4ae8-842c-526953cf0cb7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IMap account settings wont let me change password