Windows 10: MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

Discus and support MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; MS Outlook 365 will not let me change a password in the settings for one of my IMAP e-mail accounts. Settings page in Win 10 64 Pro will not let me... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by smoketoxdoc, Feb 26, 2019.

1. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

MS Outlook 365 will not let me change a password in the settings for one of my IMAP e-mail accounts. Settings page in Win 10 64 Pro will not let me change password either. I know new password is correct as my main email client is Evolution running under Ubuntu 18.10 (I have several Win10/Office 365 systems setup because some Win 10 software is better than Linux equivalents and I always have two machines running e-mail). I am owner and only user of affected PCs. How do I get MS to let me change a password in an Outlook 365 IMAP account?

Thank you,

John

:)

smoketoxdoc, Feb 26, 2019

2. N8 - E-Mail/Imap Setup Impossible

Dear Nokia users,

I have E7 and having problem setting up e-mails that are hosted by Yahoo mail server eventhough the e-mail domain IS NOT "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***".

If I select "Yahoo" in the mail configiuration, it will not work even if I enter correct e-mail address, correct password, and correct user name.

Problem: Nokia Messaging (push mail service of Nokia) not able to configure e-mail account with the correct mail address and password provided by user.

Solution (as described by Scratch as well) -- is to select "Other" in mail setup, enter a
    fake or incorrect e-mail address and fake/incorrect password, then it will display "Mail for Exchange and "POP/IMAP", choose "POP/IMAP". It wil display a list of detail settings where you must enter the
    true/correct value -- mail address, usernmae, password, mailbox type, incoming mail server, incoming port number etc. .

Hope this helps.

mecool2008, Feb 26, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Google Adds IMAP Support to GMail

GMail has gained IMAP support, one of the most requested features for Google's web-based e-mail service. If you log into your GMail account and head to "settings", the tab for "Forwarding and POP" should now read "Forwarding and POP/IMAP." If it doesn’t, be patient, Google will be rolling out the new IMAP features across the service over the next few days. With IMAP you can access your mail via your desktop client, read mail, make changes and have those changes mirrored by any other client accessing the account. If you access your mail from multiple machines, IMAP allows them all to stay in sync. To enable IMAP in GMail just head to the settings page and change your access from POP to IMAP.

Source: Wired News

malware, Feb 26, 2019
  4. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

delete e-mail acc

How do I delete a e-mail acc from my nokia phone ?

RobHeerema, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc

1. MS will not let me change password in IMAP settings for one e-mail acc - Similar Threads - let change password

2. IMAP Password

in Windows 10 Customization
    IMAP Password: How can I find my imap password or reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imap-password/33f74dc8-77bb-4406-a342-7a9df4a7a07d
  3. e-mail, passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    e-mail, passwords: I have done something to delete saving my pass words and e- mails. how do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-passwords/36b455da-9733-4ae8-842c-526953cf0cb7
  4. Let me log in without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...
  5. need new e mail password

need new e mail password: need new e mail pass word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_7/need-new-e-mail-password/7046a4d0-56bb-4d3a-b115-e92ed1338284
  6. Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server: ALERT: This e-mail was in my Junk folder. It purported to have a Microsoft sender's address. The "To" indicated only "Recipient". It went to my Junk folder as a possible phishing, and I have reported it from my Junk folder. My research didn't show anything similar,...
  7. MS Password Change.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Password Change.: Anyone know how long a passwrod change on live.com takes to propagate to your windows 10 login? I just changed mine because a security concern and can still RDP and login using the old PW.. Just wondering.. 33694
  8. Password changed (not by me)

Password changed (not by me): I have 2 PC's. Both run Windows 10. Both had different passwords. Somehow, the password on the one PC was changed to match the password on the other PC. Now they both have the same password. I never changed anything, and no one else has access to either PC. Anybody have any...
  9. I have my password set to let me sign in automatically

I have my password set to let me sign in automatically: I have my password set to let me sign in automatically using the control userpasswords2 but when the screen turns off ,it asks for my password upon resume. 64295
  10. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IMap account settings wont let me change password