Windows 10: MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug

Discus and support MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just had a Windows 10 update on my desktop PC: [ATTACH]Task manager shows that not too much is tied up. Why is my PC running about 30% slower?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimField, Sep 13, 2018.

1. TimField Win User

MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug

Just had a Windows 10 update on my desktop PC:

MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug 4b58c1ad-a05e-4fa5-92da-3c72141986af?upload=true.png Task manager shows that not too much is tied up. Why is my PC running about 30% slower?

MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug 976b85fd-bcdf-423c-80dc-0798b474c7c3?upload=true.png

:)

TimField, Sep 13, 2018

2. IS Win 10 Read? or Reinstall 7 and Install 10 in 9 months.

If what i read was correct its the ultimate irony as they P2P your pc so u can "windows update" other PC (I hear u can turn that off) But the good p2p is at threat. I hope waiting will work in that there will be an outcry that MS is stepping over the line by a mile and they revert back to the win 7 days of largely hands off. No matter what ive read u can turn 3/4, 2/3 off but not all of the intrusiveness.

sebastian869, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 13, 2018
  4. qubit Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

srlsly? Looks like MS nerfed it then. Hope you get it sorted.

I have to confess that I've not paid much attention to it and didn't bother updating it, although I probably should have.

qubit, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

1. MS Windows 10 update on 9-13-18 has turned my PC into a slug - Similar Threads - update has turned

2. I installed the 9/13 Update and now my audio devices are not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed the 9/13 Update and now my audio devices are not detected: After installing the latest Windows 11 update, my computer no longer has audio. When I open Audio Settings, no audio devices are found this includes my laptop's speakers and my USB headset. When I click "Add a Device," nothing happens.I tried updating,...
  3. I installed the 9/13 Update and now my audio devices are not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed the 9/13 Update and now my audio devices are not detected: After installing the latest Windows 11 update, my computer no longer has audio. When I open Audio Settings, no audio devices are found this includes my laptop's speakers and my USB headset. When I click "Add a Device," nothing happens.I tried updating,...
  4. Windows 10 update bricked my PC - Alienware 13 R3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update bricked my PC - Alienware 13 R3: The latest Windows 10 update bricked my PC, it won't boot now. I just get BIOS screen with "Attempting Startup repair" and "Diagnosing", it eventually goes to the Windows 10 startup screen. I attempted to Uninstall the update from this screen, but it gives an error and says...
  5. Windows Update has installed KB4023057 9 times since 11/18, the last time 3/5/19. It has...

Windows Update has installed KB4023057 9 times since 11/18, the last time 3/5/19. It has...: My Pc has been having multiple issues. This update keeps reinstalling itself. I ran the windows update troubleshooter, but nothing changed. I constantly have to restart and refresh pages. PC is very slow. How can I get rid of this update?...
  6. Black Screen after Windows update 12/13/18 - KB4471324 .

Black Screen after Windows update 12/13/18 - KB4471324 .: - FIX for HP computers - HP Users Control-ALT-Delete - press all at same time bring up Task Manager- go to processes-scroll down find HPJumpStart.exe- Rt. click go through files find control panel - click on programs - look for windows updates - find update 12/13/18...
  7. dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18: Did the updates that came out 9/12 and 9/13/18 and now the dish anywhere player will not work. It just freezes up and sometimes will say internet isn't good enough. That's not it. Can use it on phone and stream from any other website and netflix. According to speedtest I...
  8. dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18

dish anywhere app stopped working after update on 9/13/18: Did the updates that came out 9/12 and 9/13/18 and now the dish anywhere player will not work. It just freezes up and sometimes will say internet isn't good enough. That's not it. Can use it on phone and stream from any other website and netflix. According to speedtest I...
  9. BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18

BSOD Win10home update 9/8/18: Old ASUS Notebook U50F (Win7 upgraded with Win10home when it first came out) but has not been turned on/used in last 5 months, updated with Win10home 1803 auto installed 9/8/2018 OS build 17134.254. Updated some other software (CCleaner, OpenOffice,) ran fine for one day....
  10. Windows update 13 Jan 18 has locked PC to the lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update 13 Jan 18 has locked PC to the lock screen: Hi, yesterday Microsoft pushed out a major update to my PC, presumably in answer to meltdown and spectre vulnerabilities. It has locked my PC to the lock screen. If I try to login it flashes the desktop for a fraction of a second, then resets the lockscreen. I have been...