Windows 10: MS Windows S mode Several Issues

Discus and support MS Windows S mode Several Issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop unaware that it had Windows 10 S mode and didn't know this was even offered by Microsoft. I have four 4 issues with this MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RCruz#, Dec 9, 2020.

1. RCruz# Win User

MS Windows S mode Several Issues

I bought a new laptop unaware that it had Windows 10 S mode and didn't know this was even offered by Microsoft.

I have four 4 issues with this MS Windows 10 S Mode: please note that for this post I selected category as Windows and version Windows 10; there was no listing of Windows 10 S Mode

1- I wanted to install McAfee which I learned that when in Windows 10 S mode it only allowed to download approved apps from MS Store and does not allow any apps from outside. In order to download outside apps you have to "Switch Out" of Windows 10 S Mode. So I switch out of Windows 10 S mode by going to MS Store retrieved "Get" to start the switch out. After successfully completing the Switch Out I was able to install McAfee apps on the laptop and everything seem to be running well until I got an update from Microsoft I'm not sure which one, but once the update was completed and it recommended to Restart the laptop the system return to Windows 10 S Mode without any indication that this was going to happen. I attempted to perform Switch Out again but it does nothing and states "Working on it" and it can run all day without any results or indication that is attempting to switch out: Below see two Screenshots.

MS Windows S mode Several Issues 180cea45-077e-4311-9285-4172748d2d50?upload=true.png

MS Windows S mode Several Issues 4a109ae5-2f43-431a-b2e9-d3fbdbdcdfa9?upload=true.png

2 - Also the McAfee that I install does not open or run because the system went back to the S Mode after performing the update that was provided by Microsoft and again I don't know which update this issue that cause the system to return to S Mode: Below McAfee message.

MS Windows S mode Several Issues 30536e69-702a-4260-9832-e31eea9ff5e9?upload=true.png

3 - If I attempt to download any PDFF or even create a PDF file I get an Error Message "Couldn't Download - Virus Scan Failed":see Screenshot. I did some research on your MS forum questions and came across many users had encounter this same PDF error and a MS technician stated that it had something to do with McAfee installing a Web Advisor and the technician recommended to get from McAfee tool to uninstall McAfee. I did this however because my laptop is S Mode it does not allow me to install this McAfee tool not even if I attempt it from the McAfee website or download it on a flash drive it will not allow it to run, so how can I resolve this issue if I'm limited to apps from MS Store because the system is in S Mode.

MS Windows S mode Several Issues f5c50236-83fa-485a-ae8d-cac61c688bc2?upload=true.png

4 - I've also run into an issue with Security Virus Scan, the system keeps stating that it needs to perform a Quick Scan. I've executed the virus scan as recommended; however, it runs all day and doesn't finish as I type this message I'm running it for 3rd time this week still acting the same.

MS Windows S mode Several Issues 5e4cbd8b-a75c-4779-9198-0a16ec019486?upload=true.png

MS Windows S mode Several Issues 941bee1e-e75d-48b5-ac23-a9f2589686ab?upload=true.png

:)

RCruz#, Dec 9, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 9, 2020
  4. MS Windows S mode Several Issues

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

MS Windows S mode Several Issues

1. MS Windows S mode Several Issues - Similar Threads - mode Several Issues

2. Issue with s-mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with s-mode: Hi, I have a windows 10 and everytime I tried to exit s-mode it will hang up in n the store with a function progress. What can we do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-s-mode/1fa4fbdb-f037-4e43-a50a-4562872890c3
  3. Issue with s-mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with s-mode: Hi, I have a windows 10 and everytime I tried to exit s-mode it will hang up in n the store with a function progress. What can we do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-s-mode/1fa4fbdb-f037-4e43-a50a-4562872890c3
  4. Issue with s-mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No MS Store on Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No MS Store on Windows 10 S Mode: Hello,I'm at a loss. I cannot figure out how to get out of S Mode as I do not have MS Store on my new laptop. Therefore, I cannot install anything, no Powershell or Command Prompt. I tried updating etc etc but with no luck. When I click go to Store, 'You'll need a new app to...
  6. No MS Store on Windows 10 S Mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No MS Store on Windows 10 S Mode: Hello,I'm at a loss. I cannot figure out how to get out of S Mode as I do not have MS Store on my new laptop. Therefore, I cannot install anything, no Powershell or Command Prompt. I tried updating etc etc but with no luck. When I click go to Store, 'You'll need a new app to...
  7. S Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S Mode Issue: My friend just got a new laptop and it had A Mode on it. We've tried changing it to regular windows but it continues to have an error pop up with a useless code and text that only says try again later. I was gonna wipe it and put fresh 10 on there but I can not access the...
  8. S Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    S Mode Issue: Hello My friend just got a laptop with home S Mode on it, and when trying to switch to regular home, the store throws an error with a code that changes every time and they only thing it says is to try later. My plan was to just wipe the machine and reinstall windows, but I...
  9. S Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    S Mode Issue: I recently purchased a HP with Windows 10. I was able to opt out of S mode after some trial and error. I powered off my PC. The next time I turned on my PC I got a pop up asking me if I would like to restore 201 files, and like a fool I clicked yes before thinking. I am now...
  10. S mode issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    S mode issues: I am running a sport simulation game that required me to turn off S-mode. This worked and I was able to run the simulation. I turned the computer off and when I restarted the computer and tried to run the simulation program again windows notified me that I needed to turn...