Windows 10: MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior

Discus and support MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please give us an option under windows settings to change the behavior for these 4 buttons to a proper behavior, which is this:Pressing Caps Lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KoboldGreen, Sep 4, 2021.

1. MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior

Please give us an option under windows settings to change the behavior for these 4 buttons to a proper behavior, which is thisMS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior :pressing Caps Lock button turns it Off, and pressing it again don't turn it On.Pressing Insert button turns it Off, and pressing it again don't turn it On.Pressing Scroll Lock button turns it Off, and pressing it again don't turn it On.Pressing Num Lock button turns it On, and pressing it again don't turn it Off.The other status of these 4 buttons eg. Caps Lock On was never needed for me, it gave me only annoyance after accidental click.I hope MS Windows designers

:)

KoboldGreen, Sep 4, 2021

2. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

Hi

I looked but I can't find a Shift Key Radio Button anyplace, nor Advanced Key Settings, when I run a search it just tells me there is no such thing.

I did learn that I can set it so that it plays a tone whenever I push the Cap Lock Key, I never knew that before.

MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior [​IMG]

MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior [​IMG]

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 4, 2021
  3. AM4A1 Win User
    Num lock and Caps lock not working after Re-installation of XP

my caps lock and num lock isn't working after I reinstalled XP, the light don't work and the buttons don't work, but the scroll lock works. any help for this problem?

AM4A1, Sep 4, 2021
  4. badrobot Win User

MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior

Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

I took a hint from another forum and the lights actually work on Safe Mode.

badrobot, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior

1. MS Windows settings for proper Caps Lock, Insert, Scroll Lock and Num Lock behavior - Similar Threads - settings proper Caps

2. Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock and Caps Lock indicator backward: Hi there! My Num Lock and Caps Lock keys have the indicator backwards - the light is on when they are not active I can type in sentence case and use the number pad and the light is off when I can't use the numbers or am typing in all caps. I've restarted a few times and...
  3. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  4. Caps lock and num lock on screen notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock and num lock on screen notification: HelloI recently bought a Gigabyte G5 specifically for gaming but am unable to use it because every time I hit the caps or nums lock key a pop up minimized the game to tell me they are on. I have hunted down every way I can through google but the settings doesn't seem to have...
  5. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  6. How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off on screen notification for caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock: I can not find where in the setting to turn off this notifcation. everytime i hit caps lock it alt tabs my games and it really annoying. Please help...
  7. caps lock num lock indicators disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    caps lock num lock indicators disappear: Hi,My laptop’s native cap locks num lock indicators won’t show any more.I tried almost all sorts of fixes that I’ve found online, yet of no avail.When I reset Windows 10, they come back but stop functioning right after some of the updates are done.Any ideas ?...
  8. An issue with num lock and caps lock.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with num lock and caps lock.: I think this is the right place to putt this, but whenever I press caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock, it shows the icon on the screen. I've had this computer (Acer Nitro 5) for a year, and it's always done it. When I play a game and a button is mapped to caps lock, it gets...
  9. Caps Lock behavior setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock behavior setting: Once ukpon a time, It was possible to make Caps Lock behave as on a typewriter, i.e. it was possible to set it in the way it could be turned off by pressing a shift key. I'm still using this settings, but since the corresponding dialog box was removed from Win10, I can no...
  10. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function

in Windows 10 Support
    Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock lights no longer function: Hello! Since the most recent build of W-10 (9879), my caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock lights do not function on either computer on which I have W-10 installed (a desktop with a USB keyboard and a laptop with an integrated keyboard). The keys still work to correctly...